Chimera - Autocannon turret DKOK only now?

Hi everybody,

I haven't played with my Astra Militarum army for quite a while now and have just been looking through the AM Codex and the FW Index so i can use them in 8th Edition.

I run a pretty heavily converted AM army as a Macragge PDF force and have given all of my Chimeras Autocannon turrets as it fits my fluff and works well with my infantry squad load outs.

This used to be possible using the Chimera entry from the Imperial Armour books and had assumed this would still be the case.

However looking through the FW Index it looks as though the only Chimeras now that can use Autocannon turrets are specifically the DKOk Storm Chimera variant?

Does anybody know of any current books where I can find the option to swap Mult-laser / Heavy Bolter for Autocannon turrets?

My army actually uses the Catachan list and I have converted all of the Catachan special characters so would rather not run it as DKOK if I can help it (doesn't really fit the fluff).

The gryphon pattern chimera got an autocannon current option in the FW index: FAQ. Check there as well as the AM FAQ and chapter approved for a fair few changes over the Base printing

Ah awesome - in the Index the Gryphonne pattern Chimera can only replace it's Heavy Bolters for a Heavy Flamer but you're right, the FW Errata allows it to be swapped for an Autocannon.

This was the only pace I didn't look - thank you so much guys, made me a very happy man. :)

Archived