427th Lepruseum Drymarchon Strike team Cobra Kill Team WIP.

sarabando

“I saw them Drymarchon, bigger than any man ragged and rough lookin’. When the gas bells was rung they didn’t hide like us, they went over the top and just walked into the clouds. All we heard for two hours was killin’. When they came back they was blistered and bloody from the gas but still jokin’ and in good spirits. That’s wrong that Emperor protect me that ain’t right. - Corporal Urlas 1987th Hispainan Rifles

Hailing from the world of Lepruseum one of the many worlds to suffer during the Haliox malignancy the 427th Lepruseum Drymarchon are an elite regiment of the imperial guard.

After suffering heavily from Atomic and chemical attacks the wealthy population of Lepruseum retreated to great shielded cities sealing the gates and exiling their serfdom into the tainted radioactive wastes. There for over five thousand years they remained the rich, artistic, and well off safe from the seeping death of the wilds, here they grew fat and weak their Genesmithing abilities letting them grow rich tweaking and changing. The discarded workforce outside fated to die however did not. Magos from the ordo biologicus were surprised to see the weak emancipated outcasts had grown resistant to the foulness around them, able to drink tainted water, pass through rad zones that would kill a lesser man in minutes even able to survive the clouds of toxic gases that could even lay an Astarte low. In exchange for technology, food, and for a glimmer of the life they had before the discarded were happy to each year give up half their newborns leaving them on altars in the wastes for the masters to collect. These children taken to the great cities are reborne, muscles twisted and grown minds sharpened and shaped. Each great city state raised their armies and in turn filled their tithe to the empires never ending wars.

LLtpvX8.jpg

aEiLHtp.jpg

7vN4b1g.jpg

1RH2DlH.jpg

The backstory for these guys is awesome. They look like guys who would surprise enemies by walking out of a gas attack un-phased and just say "Almost coughed at that one." 

Looking good. Not sure if it's just my screen, but I see black text on a dark grey background which makes reading your text next to impossible.

Dallo

That's my bad it's where I write my fiction bits in Google docs then past them in I keep forgetting BNC has a black theme by default I use the plain white one for work time shenanigans

For a vox, perhaps something more subtle would work since they're already so bulked out by the rebreather packs. Maybe just some aerials and antennae on the backpack, since you figure with the masks it'll have to be inside the suit in part anyway.

Everything you've done so far is sublime dude,as always. My only quarell is that the helmet fan thing on the guy with the sword and pistol is too obnoxious? For me it doesn't work with the theme and style of the other squad members. Maybe if it was smaller and front to back it might look better? In my opinion, of course

Everything you've done so far is sublime dude,as always. My only quarell is that the helmet fan thing on the guy with the sword and pistol is too obnoxious? For me it doesn't work with the theme and style of the other squad members. Maybe if it was smaller and front to back it might look better? In my opinion, of course

kinda wanted to go for obnoxious :) hes supposed to be a higher up officer and i wanted to go for the techno barbarian look.

Hehe knives, sharp sticks please name one of them Hudson

After the Colonial Marine who boasted, "I am the ultimate badass!" in James Cameron's 'Aliens'? You expect him to pathetically cry, "Game over, man! Game over!" when facing Tyranids?

i think some one needs a shotgun on his back. For close encounters ofcourse.

Archived