Helsreach Mini Campaign - Need Help with Guardsmen

BloodWolves

Hello all, first time posting on the Guardsmen page. I dont know too much about the IG so I was hoping people here could help me with a list that im working on.

I need help to build a 619pts IG detachment for a mini Helsreach Narrative Campaign.

Why 619pts? Well Squad Grimaldus is a full no expense spared Vanguard Detachment (w/ Emperor's Champion) that takes up 381 points.

So I need 619pts of IG to make up the rest of the Helsreach force. Now I just need at least 1 5 man Tempestus Scions squad in the list to make the famous Stormtroopers and can have only a couple tanks. The rest is all free to choose. We will be combating an insane amount of Orks. Thanks for your help!

Punisher Tanks with heavy bolter sponsons do pretty solid work against ork hordes.

If you’re going for narrative, a couple of conscript blobs would do a good job of representing the dock workers but I’m not sure how effective they’d be to be honest, I normally prefer regular guardsmen to conscripts.

Being Helsreach, I’m assuming Yarrick is not allowed but if he was he might be worth considering. He’s expensive but his rerolls against orks could make him a wise investment.

A heavy support squad with lascannons might be good as you don’t seem to have much anti-armour available.

Since most of that battle was fought by desperate hive militia, go with a bunch of Steel Legion Infantry Squads and Officers to support them. You’ll be fine against horde orks, with FRFSRF at 18” to lay into them. Keep the squads cheap and swarm him right back.

Welcome to the barracks I'm sure there are many officers around to assist you BloodWolves.

Would this be the start of a new guard force for you perchance? ;)

Infantry squads with grenade launchers and heavy bolters is where I'm at these days. Which should do well against orks.

Dont forget a hellhound or two ;)

Also... templ...um, mortars and battlecannons, thudd guns and basilisks. Things that can wipe horde armies off the tabletop shall be your friend;)

I’d imagine a hydra or 2 to help clear the skies of dakkajets and koptas and some packers to assuage any weirdboyz from trying their greenmind shenanigans.

Steel legion minis are great and the olde DKOK minis are... well, incredible.

Archived