Is a powerfist/sword AND chainsword legal for DC in 8th?

Brother Raul

Yeah that's possible but keep in mind that the Chainsword doesn't give you an additional attack for Power weapons. The additional attack from Chainswords is to be made with the Chainsword profile. So usually having a Bolter instead of a Chainsword is the better option.

I can't see any reason why not, their datasheet specifically lets you swap their Bolt Pistol for any of the Power Weapons, which wouldn't affect them having a Chainsword.

Correct.

Order of operations:

1. Replace bolt pistol with power fist, power weapon, etc...

2. Keep chainsword

Yeah that's possible but keep in mind that the Chainsword doesn't give you an additional attack for Power weapons. The additional attack from Chainswords is to be made with the Chainsword profile. So usually having a Bolter instead of a Chainsword is the better option.

Correct. What he ^ said.

A DC Marine armed with power sword and chainsword would get either:

2A with power sword + 1A with chainsword (the bonus attack from said chainsword)

or

3A with chainsword (2A base attacks + bonus attack from chainsword)

When the DC Marine charges, he can add his Black Rage +1A to either weapon, so he can either do 3A power sword + 1A chainsword or 4A chainsword or 2A power sword + 2A chainsword.

Note that one of the FAQ's specifically said that you do not need to attack with a chainsword/similar ruled weapon to get the bonus attack from it, but that bonus attack always hits using the chainsword/similar ruled weapon's stat line.

As dubious as this is tactically (just in points sink) that's awesome news.

Thank you gentlemen. This site, and in particular this BA community never cease to amaze me with their generosity in time spent helping with insightful advice with the hobby.

Another quick question, how do you post pics on B&C? Replacing my old models and would love to post to get some critical feedback on the paint job. Its 1st rate but there are some celebrated painters in this forum.

...how do you post pics on B&C? Replacing my old models and would love to post to get some critical feedback on the paint job. Its 1st rate but there are some celebrated painters in this forum.

In your Profile section you can create your own albums to which you can add pictures from your drives (computer/phone). Then you can directly copy-paste pictures from your gallery to the forum threads.

Archived