Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Logic dictates caution. Emotion dictates anticipation.

The past track record of releases encourages caution. Love for the Viking aspect of the Wolves keeps me hoping GW will one day realize all the wolf stuff getting to the point where it is at right now, is the presentation issue here for me, at least.

While the Wolves are, "going to love what we get," do realize that, if we do, the other Chapters on the Loyal side might be merited in getting a bit riled over all the bits love the VIth Legion might get soon.

Correct but you do sound like an iron hands player in your calculations... ;)

You are right. Set the bar low and a man can't be disappointing. 

I agree that people who are die hard dark angels or blood angels fans are going to be jealous if we get Space Wolves Christmas. 

The past track record of releases encourages caution. Love for the Viking aspect of the Wolves keeps me hoping GW will one day realize all the wolf stuff getting to the point where it is at right now, is the presentation issue here for me, at least.

While the Wolves are, "going to love what we get," do realize that, if we do, the other Chapters on the Loyal side might be merited in getting a bit riled over all the bits love the VIth Legion might get soon.

I had a thought that maybe the SW proper (and old Marines) will stay wolfy, but the wolf spear (and Primaris) may be more norse. As the primaris were probably pulled during the days of grey armor and Russ was still there or a fresh memory. In Dark Imperium Bjarni, a Primaris, had no contact with the SWs and thus only knows the old ways. Sure you could mix TWC into the wolf spear but the lore remains more Norse style. That way the wolfy players can keep their wolf theme, and the Norse can get a norse.

As for what we are getting, I still think they mean we will love our book. If we do get models, it will be Primaris and used by everyone. I have been bidding my time waiting to do anything though as I am expecting rule changes.

Correct but you do sound like an iron hands player in your calculations... :wink:

You are right. Set the bar low and a man can't be disappointing. 

I agree that people who are die hard dark angels or blood angels fans are going to be jealous if we get Space Wolves Christmas. 

Don't expect  "Space Wolves Christmas". Any release that comes along with our codex will be Primaris. Any models will probably be generic primaris stuff that will get errata'ed to be taken by all other chapters.

*puts aluminium hat on*

It's probably their plan. Release a bunch of new primaris stuff with our codex while we are craving our release. We won't have any self control and the SW players base goes crazy buying the stuff. And it is a self-fulfilling prophesy that primaris will be popular and they can justify to their shareholders that Primaris are popular. All because we are SW junkies and WE NEED OUR FIX!

*takes aluminium hat off*

New models or no new models, I'm actually just hoping that out codex doesn't make us super competitive when it comes out.  I'm praying for for a slightly above mid-tier power level.  Nothing drives me into a funk like seeing all the WAAC players jump on the Space Wolf power wagon when we get good units/rules.  

Give me playable rules with good internal synergy that I can learn to use well, and let me surprise some folks at a tournament when I beat their net-listed soup with a space wolves mono-list.

For full disclosure: I don't expect this to happen, just keeping my fingers crossed is all.

Guest Triszin

So Brothers may there be a new tease? Warhammer 40000 has a new image featuring the Vlka Fenryka. Could it be a way to let us know that the codex is coming? Or seeing it is a Reiver against Genestealers could it just be promotional art for Kill Team?

link the image

So Brothers may there be a new tease? Warhammer 40000 has a new image featuring the Vlka Fenryka. Could it be a way to let us know that the codex is coming? Or seeing it is a Reiver against Genestealers could it just be promotional art for Kill Team?

That doesn't look like a reiver to me, he doesn't have the black fibres over the stomach area that reivers have, nor does he have the skull mask + he has 2 shoulderpads. The marine in the background also appears to have grey hunter markings on it and the bolter looks too stubby to be a bolt rifle. 

Also do we know enough of Primaris integration with the wolves to know if any would have been elevated to WGBL level yet?

What proof is there it's for Killteam? The Astartes box is already out and wolf themed..it doesn't need further advertising. Plus none of the Reivers have a stock axe option :P

I mean you're probably right but it would strike me as odd unless they're already going to release the wolf faction (which in and of itself would be odd)

Guest Triszin

Naah, they wouldnt troll us any more, they already released the spacewolves killteam box .... this is most likely a teaser for codex. Maybe we are for next week . We will learn tomorow evening :smile.:

yep, and we are the rumored

"War for Vengeance"

and that would explain where grimnar and the rest of the wolves are. if they were inside the area of space that became the rift, so most of the wolves were fighting inside the citrax itself.

which would be pretty badass

That doesn't look like a reiver to me, he doesn't have the black fibres over the stomach area that reivers have, nor does he have the skull mask + he has 2 shoulderpads. The marine in the background also appears to have grey hunter markings on it and the bolter looks too stubby to be a bolt rifle.

Also do we know enough of Primaris integration with the wolves to know if any would have been elevated to WGBL level yet?

I said Reiver due to the combat blade he wielded in his second hand, something not usually seen in WGBL nor other non-Scouts. He may be a regular WGBL. As for integration in th 200 years since the Indomitus Crusade maybe some have advanced.

link the image
I do apologize but on mobile as I currently am couldn't download it but a brother kindly linked it below.

Vigilus? Is that close to ork Space?

But brothers the wulftime is coming

the reference I am finding in the Lexicanum is that it is being raider by Drukhari. No specific location given.

Stubbily drawn bolt rifle aside, the Marine in the back is for sure an intercessor. He has the mask, can somewhat see the rims on the knee pads. Grey Hunter and Intercessor markings are the same, fyi.

I think for sure the dude with the power axe and knife is an illustration of our Primaris Liuetenant model we'll be getting. Good of them to call him a Battle Leader instead of an LT.

Guest Triszin

Stubbily drawn bolt rifle aside, the Marine in the back is for sure an intercessor. He has the mask, can somewhat see the rims on the knee pads. Grey Hunter and Intercessor markings are the same, fyi.

I think for sure the dude with the power axe and knife is an illustration of our Primaris Liuetenant model we'll be getting. Good of them to call him a Battle Leader instead of an LT.

yep, he is a battle leader.

he has the tacticus intercessor armor, so he is not a reiver.

bolt rifle, combat blade, poweraxe/frost axe.

I can't wait. =)

as an aside, I really hope this ends up being a new multi book campaign ala gathering the storm with codex's released between each part

Archived