Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

And, that guy upfront might just be the space wolf primaris wolf guard.

Frost axe, and combat blade

More likely a power axe, can see the power "probes" just to the right of the wathammer logo.

Brother do not take to much stock about Primaris wolf guard. There was mention of Primaris in the inner circle for DA from what other tell me, yet no unique models. I think wispy is right it is our "Lt.", however power axe isn't in the Primaris wargear list I believe.

Edit: can't tell me left from right at 0330.

So Brothers may there be a new tease? Warhammer 40000 has a new image featuring the Vlka Fenryka. Could it be a way to let us know that the codex is coming? Or seeing it is a Reiver against Genestealers could it just be promotional art for Kill Team?

That doesn't look like a reiver to me, he doesn't have the black fibres over the stomach area that reivers have, nor does he have the skull mask + he has 2 shoulderpads. The marine in the background also appears to have grey hunter markings on it and the bolter looks too stubby to be a bolt rifle.

Also do we know enough of Primaris integration with the wolves to know if any would have been elevated to WGBL level yet?

Stubbily drawn bolt rifle aside, the Marine in the back is for sure an intercessor. He has the mask, can somewhat see the rims on the knee pads. Grey Hunter and Intercessor markings are the same, fyi.

I think for sure the dude with the power axe and knife is an illustration of our Primaris Liuetenant model we'll be getting. Good of them to call him a Battle Leader instead of an LT.

Wasn't aware the intercessor markings were the same! That's fair enough, it's certainly possible. I hope he can be made as a Battle leader or a wolf priest (with proper datasheet) just so we have a "primaris apothecary"

Guest Triszin

It's for Kill Team, as Dantay said.

The planet Vigilus is mentioned repeatedly in the KT material.

I. Don't think so, Bob said a review is coming on the 18th, and war of sigmar site is generally spot on

Guest Triszin

8/18 is warhammer fest europe, if bob is to have a review by then

to me, it sounds like a NDA expires on the 18th after/during the seminar.

so we are def seeing anouncements for wolves.seminar is at 11am?

Do you really think a Codex pic would feature a quote by some no name Battle Leader though? Less than a Great Company (because it's a BL, not Wolf Lord giving the call to action) fights a Genestealer Cult seems a bit, well, small time for new Codex fluff/hype. Kill team seems a more logical fit imo. Given the dearth of info we've had since Warzone Fenris, I'd expect Codex leaks to feature at least one of Logan/Bjorn/Ragnar, not 'Sir invented for this press release'.

Do you really think a Codex pic would feature a quote by some no name Battle Leader though? Less than a Great Company (because it's a BL, not Wolf Lord giving the call to action) fights a Genestealer Cult seems a bit, well, small time for new Codex fluff/hype. Kill team seems a more logical fit imo. Given the dearth of info we've had since Warzone Fenris, I'd expect Codex leaks to feature at least one of Logan/Bjorn/Ragnar, not 'Sir invented for this press release'.

Yeah, I do. Sir Invented For This Press Release will get a $25 USD model release and be the only new model releasing alongside our codex. Maybe there's a campaign with Wolves at some point, but for 8/25 I think it's just WGBL bro.

Yeah, I do. Sir Invented For This Press Release will get a $25 USD model release and be the only new model releasing alongside our codex. Maybe there's a campaign with Wolves at some point, but for 8/25 I think it's just WGBL bro.

That's the thing though. This leak/pic/whatever you want to call it looks more like a 'campaign release' than a 'Codex release'. New character, referencing a previously unmentioned planet? It just doesn't fit what we've seen with previous Codex releases. While both flavours of Angel got Lieutenants, I don't recall either one appearing in the Codex fluff in any meaningful way. The BA's fluff (the one I've got more awareness of) for example was very much concerned with the fallout from the attack on Baal, just like I'd expect a SW release to have fluff focussing on the aftermath of Warzone Fenris, Primaris integration and the new Companies to replace the lost, not 'new guy fights some Genestealers on new planet with no history behind it'. If this is a 'Codex hint' then it's a very different style from what we've seen previously, more of a 'climb down' in stake rather than the 'ramping up' GW have been pushing for the last couple of years. If this is the Codex, then I fear we're in for an even worse time of it than the more pessimistic predictions we've seen the rumour threads recently .

Guys it cant be kill team again with wolves and gene stealers , been there... done that...

Its either just hype for wolves codex or a box set like forgebane which featured necrons + new knight models and then came the necron codex and knights codex came long after that. 

the same thing done with wolves and genestelears cult . Wolves get a codex , genestealers get the new models that where teased 2 months ago then orks and then genestealers codex.

Thats my guess. Either way is wolf time :)

That's the thing though. This leak/pic/whatever you want to call it looks more like a 'campaign release' than a 'Codex release'. New character, referencing a previously unmentioned planet? It just doesn't fit what we've seen with previous Codex releases. While both flavours of Angel got Lieutenants, I don't recall either one appearing in the Codex fluff in any meaningful way. The BA's fluff (the one I've got more awareness of) for example was very much concerned with the fallout from the attack on Baal, just like I'd expect a SW release to have fluff focussing on the aftermath of Warzone Fenris, Primaris integration and the new Companies to replace the lost, not 'new guy fights some Genestealers on new planet with no history behind it'. If this is a 'Codex hint' then it's a very different style from what we've seen previously, more of a 'climb down' in stake rather than the 'ramping up' GW have been pushing for the last couple of years. If this is the Codex, then I fear we're in for an even worse time of it than the more pessimistic predictions we've seen the rumour threads recently .
I think there’s decent odds we get a campaign or other box, if GW does indeed intend to release something like that. You make a good case for that, and I believe someone else here on B&C brought up a WD reference to Vigilus. Still. I think the random WGBL is a total confirmation we will be getting a new Lieutenant model named Haldor Icepelt, who probably won’t have unique rules. And GW choosing to put the emphasis on him might be a sign there’s not another release alongside the codex.

A campaign in September seems entirely within the realm of possibility as well. I just think 8/25 will be our codex and a Lieutenant model and upgrade sprue.

Guys, all of the info from that pic is directly from the Kill Team fluff for the Astartes box. Icepelt is the Battle Leader in charge of the Reivers the box set comes with. They are fighting Gene Stealer Cults while Icepelt and the rest of his force fight Orcs. I highly doubt it’s for our codex.

The leader is Ulfrich Wyrmslayer but yes there is a warzone Vigilus with mr Icepelt as a WGBL. However this is clearly the WGBL who is NOT a part of the killteam (because he's in mark X armour not Reiver armour...and there is a Redemptor behind him), so maybe we get to see the other side of the war? not just the secret one :) 

No reason for them not to expand upon Vigilus as a warzone we're now fighting in especially if it branches into more Primaris integration fluff

Guys, all of the info from that pic is directly from the Kill Team fluff for the Astartes box. Icepelt is the Battle Leader in charge of the Reivers the box set comes with. They are fighting Gene Stealer Cults while Icepelt and the rest of his force fight Orcs. I highly doubt it’s for our codex.

Except GSC, Genestealer, and SW boxes for KT are already out. Why would they hype something that had already been released?

Not to mention, art not only features Redemptor, but new Aberrants, and we know GSC are getting a lieutenant figure of their own (the gunslinger). So I can totally see campaign box pitting 'freedom fighter rebel' types vs 'evil empire lieutenant' force, subverting it like most of the things 40K does :whistling:

Except GSC, Genestealer, and SW boxes for KT are already out. Why would they hype something that had already been released?

Not to mention, art not only features Redemptor, but new Aberrants, and we know GSC are getting a lieutenant figure of their own (the gunslinger). So I can totally see campaign box pitting 'freedom fighter rebel' types vs 'evil empire lieutenant' force, subverting it like most of the things 40K does :whistling:

The original kill team promo also had TWC in it. GW marketing isn't infallible.

Guest Triszin

The original kill team promo also had TWC in it. GW marketing isn't infallible.

the recent artwork, has been representative of incoing stuff however.

look at blight war for AoS, it was first teased with art like this, showinng new characters/models that turned out to be in the starter

Archived