Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Is it just me or does the battle leader look like he has a regular bolter, possibly a bolt carbine (like Reivers have)? It looks too short to be a bolt rifle.

Are you viewing on mobile? Forums seem to be squishing the image. It looks longer on desktop.

Well. I was wrong about the artwork.

Shame there is no updated Ragnar

Maybe upgrade will have bits to make the Priest equivalents.

Not sure if I will get. Absolutely no interest in GSC models so that part would be a total waste.

Will get datacards though.

Guest Triszin

New Space Wolf head spotted:

hPUEZeP.jpg

Simon Grant used this head on his Kill Team image he posted earlier this summer. Want to bet the other unfamiliar heads in his Kill Team are also new?

noticed it aswell.

also, theres wolf tail talismons and rune charms on most of the figurs.

so I think they are from the primaris upgrade sprue

I wonder if the shoulder pads will have raised emblems or decals...

If they do, I'd bet it on them being Blackmane's great company as per usual.

On some images it looks like the emblem is engraved :/

Yea, watching this video: https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/654587908269524/?sk=h_chr

The 2:12 mark gives us a look at a Intercessor and the WGBL

It looks like the Wolf Guard Battle leader is raised while the rest are not. I can carve one off

I hope there is a lot of stuff art and fluff wise about the Wolf Spear in the codex.

Yeah who knows. The Angels of Defiance (DA) and Knights of the Chalice (BA) got very little mention, but they're less important to their chapter's fluff than the Wolf Spear. Space Wolves successors, uh, haven't gone well so the Wolf Spear are something I'd like to learn more about.

Hope its decals... Not everybody wants to run bloody Blackmanes

I have become accustomed to filing off blackmanes from the last upgrade kit's shoulder pads and painting in Deathwolf's. They're great shoulder pads otherwose... These shoulders look pretty plain if you're not going Ragnar - I'll probably not use them and just get the sprue for heads and the chainswords.

The nice thing about Primaris armour is it isn't loaded with Codex Marine bling and large open surfaces so you can do a lot to make them look like Space Wolves with freehanding and transfers without needing a lot of bitz.

Well. I was wrong about the artwork.

Shame there is no updated Ragnar

Maybe upgrade will have bits to make the Priest equivalents.

Not sure if I will get. Absolutely no interest in GSC models so that part would be a total waste.

Will get datacards though.

I'm not getting the box because I have zero interest in GSC and less than zero interest in Primaris. They will never be in any of my armies.

I will get the codex, dice and cards.

(Rolls out several land raider ladden worths of Mjod in celebration) 

I  will purchase this box set as most of my initial Primaris marine buys went to my Templars this will allow me to reinforce my Great Company with a bunch of Primaris minis. 

I've got a buddy who rolls GSC I will give those models to him as a gift. 

Hmmm we need to become friends.  :teehee:

So the pessimists were right then. Just an 'Index flip' of a Codex, with nothing new model-wise worth a damn. If anything, the Primaris LT being bundled in the Vigilus box might be a :censored: move too. If he's only available in the box then that shafts both people with no interest in GSC, plus anyone who already bought their Primaris and may not want more.

Actually getting the alternate Terminator armours is surprising, but doesn't really matter as neither Cataphractii (especially) and Tartaros are all that good, and if the pattern of the other Marines holds they'll be very limited regarding options. 'Worth the wait'? Doesn't look like it at this point.

Guest Triszin

So the pessimists were right then. Just an 'Index flip' of a Codex, with nothing new model-wise worth a damn. If anything, the Primaris LT being bundled in the Vigilus box might be a :censored: move too. If he's only available in the box then that shafts both people with no interest in GSC, plus anyone who already bought their Primaris and may not want more.

Actually getting the alternate Terminator armours is surprising, but doesn't really matter as neither Cataphractii (especially) and Tartaros are all that good, and if the pattern of the other Marines holds they'll be very limited regarding options. 'Worth the wait'? Doesn't look like it at this point.

lets see what all the new profiles.

I find it fun, that they did not name the exact number of new profiles we are getting, like they did with the grey knights.

Archived