Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

No more speculation, wolves are coming!

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/08/40k-breaking-new-boxed-set-space-wolves-vs-genestealer-cults.html

Oh my poor wallet, i just bought a repulsor a couple of days ago.

well, I didn't want Orks as the opponent of the Wolves, but having the genestealer cult as a foe is... interesting. Not quite a useless filler episode, but a filler episode nonetheless as the wolves apparently sniff out a genestealer cult and bring some of its leaders to battle, to the point that the GSC is bringing out all the nasty new aberrants, like the two face in one head one, and the one with a stop sign.

In grand scheme of things, the planet that is being fought for is similar to the Cadian gate, one of the very few ways to go safely across the great rift. So not quite a useless filler episode like a random Ork Waaagh.

In any case, the new Battle Leader looks very good, dynamic and armed with axe and bolter.

This is a pattern I noticed and it is far too soon to say seeing we just got an announcement today. So feel completely free to dismiss it.

But do the latest boxsets have a patter. Forgebane was Necrons and Mechanicum. Then Kill Team was Mechanicum and Genestealer Cults. Then Tooth and Claw is Genestealers and Space Wolves. Could that give us hope in a a few months to have a second Soace Wolves boxset?

Damn hyperactive imagination.

This is a pattern I noticed and it is far too soon to say seeing we just got an announcement today. So feel completely free to dismiss it.

But do the latest boxsets have a patter. Forgebane was Necrons and Mechanicum. Then Kill Team was Mechanicum and Genestealer Cults. Then Tooth and Claw is Genestealers and Space Wolves. Could that give us hope in a a few months to have a second Soace Wolves boxset?

Dear lord people, we haven’t even gotten what we’ve gotten yet and you’re already setting yourself up for disappointment. :D

Dear lord people, we haven’t even gotten what we’ve gotten yet and you’re already setting yourself up for disappointment. :D
Indeed. Just really used to trying to find patterns... and just saw that one and couldn't help myself.

In the end the book is what I need. The rest are nice add-ons.

As I said, it is a wild crazy unfundamented theory.

Totally! Even if we’re only hopping ahead by one that leaves another month before heavy tournament season.

Gah, tournament schmournament. :tongue.: Sorry, sadly I'm not a tournament player, but even where I am in Malaysia, it seems to be tournament season at least until September. Meaning until then, my poor mono-army better stay out of sight of all the Imperial Soup and Knight craze all over the place. Even my mentor has put his Ultramarines on the shelf until after the season is over.

Seriously though, please though I am, I think it is a little unfair to Ork players who I think were announced to get theirs earlier. And if they can lie to Ork players, what is stopping them from trolling us Wolves as well?

Maybe they announce this this week, only for the actual codex and box to drop AFTER the Ork Codex. Unlikely, but now I hear the sounds of a Waaagh from Ork players.

I still can't quite believe it though: warhammer community says "next week", but normally I thought they would preview over a FEW weeks before the PREORDER happens. Even if it does happen next week, I think it's the PREORDER, not the Codex landing in our stores.

Oh my poor wallet. Why oh why did i get the Repulsor just one day before a GW employee told me this rumor?

I'm going to wait and see what is in the codex, but I can't seem to get any hype to continue my wolves. The Primaris WGBL is neat, however I fail to see how to really implement Primaris into my SWs without melee. Also the Primaris are a pain to convert. I am attempting to convert intercessors to use Wulfen weapons to count as Wulfen. Their poses are suited for carrying a gun not shield+hammer. Reivers are easier conversion as they hold their arms apart. It's been almost a year since Primaris release and I was hoping to have more variety of troops for all SMs is all.

Totally! Even if we’re only hopping ahead by one that leaves another month before heavy tournament season.

Gah, tournament schmournament. :tongue.: Sorry, sadly I'm not a tournament player, but even where I am in Malaysia, it seems to be tournament season at least until September. Meaning until then, my poor mono-army better stay out of sight of all the Imperial Soup and Knight craze all over the place. Even my mentor has put his Ultramarines on the shelf until after the season is over.

Seriously though, please though I am, I think it is a little unfair to Ork players who I think were announced to get theirs earlier. And if they can lie to Ork players, what is stopping them from trolling us Wolves as well?

Maybe they announce this this week, only for the actual codex and box to drop AFTER the Ork Codex. Unlikely, but now I hear the sounds of a Waaagh from Ork players.

I still can't quite believe it though: warhammer community says "next week", but normally I thought they would preview over a FEW weeks before the PREORDER happens. Even if it does happen next week, I think it's the PREORDER, not the Codex landing in our stores.

Oh my poor wallet. Why oh why did i get the Repulsor just one day before a GW employee told me this rumor?

I didn't see ever a promise from GW to have the Ork stuff before ours. Both Codices were announced at the same time, and both had the soon announcement at the same time.

Also the preview the week just before the Preorder is standard procesure. It has hapoened with all the last Codices and all releases. Including Kill Team and Adeptus Titanicus. And preorders are always the week before release.

I’m with ya, the primaris options will need to get a ton sweeter for me to start implementing them.

I’m salivating though at the idea of that wulfen dread though. I really want to know how it’s different than murderfang or if it’s just taking the uniqueness off of it. Either way some interesting stuff!

I'm going to wait and see what is in the codex, but I can't seem to get any hype to continue my wolves. The Primaris WGBL is neat, however I fail to see how to really implement Primaris into my SWs without melee. Also the Primaris are a pain to convert. I am attempting to convert intercessors to use Wulfen weapons to count as Wulfen. Their poses are suited for carrying a gun not shield+hammer. Reivers are easier conversion as they hold their arms apart. It's been almost a year since Primaris release and I was hoping to have more variety of troops for all SMs is all.

There is a little bit of wolf bling on the intercessors and aggressors. the WG Battle leader is beautiful in any case. A case can be made for a footslogging Lieutenant if you are running a long fang or tank heavy list. Most of the time my wolf guard battle leaders are at my back lines anyway. Currently my whole army is geared towards long and mid range, with assault only having a counter element like Bjorn or other characters.

Also as mentioned, I just bought a repulsor, so a case can be made to use the Aggressors in it to clear chaff and assault. They can try to charge the repulsor, but the repulsor has a -2 charge penalty. Park it in a big enough crater and it'll become -4. (-2 for Repulsor, -2 for crater)

Slowly but surely, the Primaris are finding their way into my heart and list.

I hope there will be a short novella on this as well.

Man! GW has done an amazing job with this SW release! Look at all those beautiful Genestealer Cult models!

Okay sarcasm is turned off. I am just glad we no longer have to wait. Although my best buddy plays orks and would have liked to take them to all the end-of-summer and early autumn tournaments he's going to. I don't really play tournaments. *guilt*

We kind of had our "primaris" release when we got big-sized wulfen 2 years ago. The development team knew primaris were going to be a thing. I am glad they went with large Wulfen and they didn't make us wait to releae until it made sense why GW'ed scaled them up. The battle leader looks great though. I'm probably just getting the codex and cards. A redemptor, intercessors, and aggressors really don't motivate me to buy.

I am looking forward to those aberrants to start appearing all over the place with their ambush assault rules.

There may be a slight possibility we get more released with the codex. Something that wouldn't make sense to add to a box set like this...

In the trailer, Phil Kelly talked a lot about Space wolves acute senses. I just hope it finally translates into something useful in 8th ed. Either:

1) Nobody can infiltrate more than X distance away from a SW unit maybe even more than 9 inches. A bit situational but makes deepstrike charges even more difficult;

2) A sort of interceptor attack like Auspex scan without paying CP if someone does infiltrate at 9" or nearer. Give the cult ambsushers and the Calidus Assassin a nasty surprise as they smell them coming a mile away.

Ah, gotta stop myself from wishlisting. The codex is nigh, no more speculation, just wait for the previews.

A little hilarious in which Phil Kelly remarks that the Wolves were able to sniff out the Genestealer cults better than the Astra and other Space Marines. Would have been hilarious if it implied that the Wolves, who are normally not renowned as spies or counter spies, can track the best infiltrating xenos faction (GSC) with their noses. finally the dog senses come in handy.

In the trailer, Phil Kelly talked a lot about Space wolves acute senses. I just hope it finally translates into something useful in 8th ed. Either:

1) Nobody can infiltrate more than X distance away from a SW unit maybe even more than 9 inches. A bit situational but makes deepstrike charges even more difficult;

2) A sort of interceptor attack like Auspex scan without paying CP if someone does infiltrate at 9" or nearer. Give the cult ambsushers and the Calidus Assassin a nasty surprise as they smell them coming a mile away.

Ah, gotta stop myself from wishlisting. The codex is nigh, no more speculation, just wait for the previews.

A little hilarious in which Phil Kelly remarks that the Wolves were able to sniff out the Genestealer cults better than the Astra and other Space Marines. Would have been hilarious if it implied that the Wolves, who are normally not renowned as spies or counter spies, can track the best infiltrating xenos faction (GSC) with their noses. finally the dog senses come in handy.

According to fluff we can sniff out Alpha Legion spies as well

There is a little bit of wolf bling on the intercessors and aggressors. the WG Battle leader is beautiful in any case. A case can be made for a footslogging Lieutenant if you are running a long fang or tank heavy list. Most of the time my wolf guard battle leaders are at my back lines anyway. Currently my whole army is geared towards long and mid range, with assault only having a counter element like Bjorn or other characters.

Also as mentioned, I just bought a repulsor, so a case can be made to use the Aggressors in it to clear chaff and assault. They can try to charge the repulsor, but the repulsor has a -2 charge penalty. Park it in a big enough crater and it'll become -4. (-2 for Repulsor, -2 for crater)

Slowly but surely, the Primaris are finding their way into my heart and list.

I hope there will be a short novella on this as well.

The looks aren't what I'm talking about. I would be absolutely fine if the Primaris had 0 SW features. It is the playstyle that doesn't match up. You don't play assault SW's but for those of us that do, we are sorely lacking. I really want to do a Primaris army, however whenever I play with them I just feel no joy as I just shoot.

It still doesn't make primaris assaulty. It still is land raideresque in points. A single assault unit doesn't make an assaulty army. Need multiple units. And they would need modes of transport. Assault inceptors would alleviate that a bit too, as they don't need transports.

There hasn't been enough hype for this release for me, but I'm glad to finally be getting a codex. I didn't expect Russ with the dex, I get the feeling to that there will be a big campaign with a few books like the Gathering Storm campaign, with big Gaz, Russ and some kind of big new GSC model all released at the end just before Christmas. GW gotta bring in that Christmas dollar with something big and exciting.

But I'm still holding out for a little extra something with our dex, there is the Wulfen dreadnought that could see a new mini, if not an extra sprue added to our dread box.

Also there is still the rumour of the all new mobile Primaris unit that's not on a bike to address. That was meant to come out with the Wolves dex.

How about a point reduction of the Repulsor? That's something we can hope for with CA

That would just mean more repulsors on the table and those aren't really assault tanks are they. It would just mean more long range tanks on the floor transporting shoot Primaris. The Primaris need serious melee weapon. The only weapon widely available is the reiver combat knife. Where is storm shields, power swords, claws, hammers, etc.

It still doesn't make primaris assaulty. It still is land raideresque in points. A single assault unit doesn't make an assaulty army. Need multiple units. And they would need modes of transport. Assault inceptors would alleviate that a bit too, as they don't need transports.

It is seriously fun though. If you know how to keep it alive, it can mow down even one or two power armoured squads easily. I just bought one myself after borrowing one last weekend. I used the Wulfen to serve as distraction meatshield for the Repulsor. Didn't exactly work as he had 3 predators with Killshot, but I managed to pull at least one round of shooting. And face it, very few use 3 Predators. Above all, it was fun.

Let's see what comes in the new codex. At absolute worst, we'll get the basic Primaris units with chapter tactics rather than bland no chapter tactic primaris like we have now. At best, we'll have new Primaris units or maybe expanded options for Primaris units, like frost weaponry which the Primaris Battle Leader is possibly using (although could just be a simple power axe).

Incidentally, the Repulsor is about slighly cheaper than a crusader without a multi melta but more high quality shots.

Archived