Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

When does GW community site post? It honestly feels like it is updated at different times.

Edit: there was an update today but it looks like more GSC stuff.

Edit 2: so no mention of Primaris Apothecary is there?

Guest Triszin

When does GW community site post? It honestly feels like it is updated at different times.

Edit: there was an update today but it looks like more GSC stuff.

Edit 2: so no mention of Primaris Apothecary is there?

warhammer comm usually does updates between 10 am and 1 pm est.

I'm a big fan of the Repulsor. You get a flying transport that can leave combat and has the same firepower as a regular Landraider and a crusader put together.

If it had a point drop to the region of 280/290 with all upgrades it would be very useful.

Okay Ishagu we know you like the repulsorz you have made that clear. But it doesn't make intercessors an assault troop. I doubt the SW codex will be changing units in other codexs.

Guest Triszin

I'm a big fan of the Repulsor. You get a flying transport that can leave combat and has the same firepower as a regular Landraider and a crusader put together.

If it had a point drop to the region of 280/290 with all upgrades it would be very useful.

I'd rather see primaris get access to the stormwolf also.

Okay Ishagu we know you like the repulsorz you have made that clear. But it doesn't make intercessors an assault troop. I doubt the SW codex will be changing units in other codexs.

No, but 10 Reivers with blades is 31 attacks and quite cheap?

Guest Triszin

I'm wondering if we'll get profiles for a sicarian, mastadon and storm eagle in the dex.

along with the other profiles of the stuff rescued from prospero's ashes

This new information has stirred me from my hibernation but still not sold on it all just yet. Hopefully the coming week of teasers will do the trick. As most said, the GSC half of the box has 0 interest to me (unlike both halves of Soul Wars for AoS) so I'll try and find the Wolf half online. The dice are surprisingly neat and not horrible like the Kill Team ones. Also a little disappointed in the special ed codex cover. It's nice but doesn't excite me, and the main one is just recycled codex art. Oh well. As for Primaris, I'm coming around on liking them but it will be a while before I start making great efforts to use them. 

Blood Angels got the same deal that we are getting with no new models to speak of. But the changes to the rules meant they are one of the best Marine chapters. Even with the Beta nerfs, they are still popular at the top tables (albeit usually souped).

I don't mind that we are not getting piles of new models (although Russ would have been nice). What I really want is to be able to make good use of my existing collection.

But.. that is just volume of attacks. No power weapons or frost weapons or storm shields.

But.. that is just volume of attacks. No power weapons or frost weapons or storm shields.

Indeed, only good at killing chaff, which in most other armies have waaaay better Ld mitigation. Incredibly price ineffective.

Guest Triszin

Gaaaaah! I wanted something more, just a taste. Just a taste.

You see what you've reduced me to GW. Are you happy now?

I feel all of wolves are now in the pavloving response stage

also

ToothClawLore-Aug13-Page10Artwork-6ma.jp

primaris bloodclaws.

looks like bolt carbines and chainswords?

Two interesting snippets.

From the article:

Orks "seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains"

Gorkamorka?

And from the video:

"Beset by not only Genestealer Cults, but also Orks, and various cults have risen up in the darkness."

Chaos cults? Imperial cults?

good pick up

How long would you say the average time an edition of 40k is? 4 years?

So far enjoying the beginnings of "wolf hype". Shortly to be followed by "get sold on primaris" quickly followed by "buy all of the primaris". 

If it means I can buy more models and have fun fluff reasons to do so then great.

also

primaris bloodclaws.

From the article:

Orks "seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains"

Gorkamorka?

And from the video:

"Beset by not only Genestealer Cults, but also Orks, and various cults have risen up in the darkness."

good pick up

Those are grey hunter markings though right?

Primaris blood claws would be awesome though. 

also

primaris bloodclaws.

From the article:

Gorkamorka?

And from the video:

good pick up

Those are grey hunter markings though right?

Primaris blood claws would be awesome though. 

They are yea, still only seeing the one primaris with a chainsword (Pack leader most like). The two on the right look like oldmarines.

Archived