Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Sonwe probably have to wait another day for the Codex since it is a designer's insight for Tooth and Claw today in WC. So stand firm Brothers, we probably have another day of waiting before rules are shown

True but they all but confirmed a second wave of primaris characters for us at least.

Sonwe probably have to wait another day for the Codex since it is a designer's insight for Tooth and Claw today in WC. So stand firm Brothers, we probably have another day of waiting before rules are shown

True but they all but confirmed a second wave of primaris characters for us at least.

Oh, sweet baby jeebus, the fever has gotten to me too! I read your comment and started frantically looking for the community page to see this "confirmation of second wave of primarchs". Then I re-read your post. I need a breather.

Seems like it :(

I was looking back to see the timing of the Drukhari stuff since we got a tooooon of info prerelease. Looks like most of the info was before the preorder too so I think we're just getting trolled lol.

WHTV has a think on friday about building a SW army as well as a batrep. I assume most of the info we get could come from that sadly.

The rules will probably come in tomorrow, and we will get two or three days of Codex preview. So just a little longer.

Also Drukhari is a bad faction to compare us to. They had three different subfactions to fill updates with, a new way to form detachments and all the rest. Single Factions books like BA, GK, 1KSons, etc. get one or two articles in the preceding week.

We are being trolled. They know all we want to see is codex information but they want to try and trick people into buying a box set with at least half the box being useless models. I have played this game since rogue trader and have never seen a single person play GSC. And frankly I don't see why anyone would. Their whole existence is just to bring the real tyranids to a planet and then die to be absorbed as biomass. Who would want to play that?

One thing GW has routinely claimed is that the Wolves players will love our release schedule.

Tooth and Claw, Codex, and a rather badass Primaris Battle Leader model incline me to think that this is one of two or more waves of releases.

Now, don't get me wrong, three is unlikely, but not impossible. Still, even if only two release waves occur, with how well the Wolves appear to be able to use the strengths of the Primaris to fill the holes in their ranks that they best transfer into, it would appear the Wolves may actually be thriving with both the new blood and the different and augmenting combat potential.

Overall, I expect the Wolves to get two release waves, while three is not impossible, it is also not entirely likely. As far as the level of integration, the Wolves might have absorbed a pretty solid portion of the Wolfspear or maybe one or more other Primaris successor Chapters. The neat part is, Intercessors, even without a major ability to take CCW's can help cover a great deal of the board as mobile fire support. We may get lucky and actually receive CCW options for Primaris Intercessors; if so, this release will be killer, to the enemy!

Edit:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GWPreview-Aug12-SWPaintedModels-16iq.jpg

It looks like the option to at least take some sort of BP and Chainsword is there, one of the Primaris models is armed as such. The question is, can said Primaris Marine still make use of either a Bolt Carbine or Bolt Rifle? If so, this is going to be hard for me to control my spending this entire year!

Guest Triszin

saw the vid, uhh, I think GW has something special planned for the orks, gsc and wolves.

that magical vid is waagh

GW is definitely trolling. They want to see how many hits to w-c.com they can get if people think something like "Space Wolves Chapter Tactics (equivalent)" are going to show up.

This means 1 of 2 things:

A. there's some really good stuff coming out with the book (like a Primarch?)

B. there's actually nothing more than "you can now use Stormtalons" and that new Primaris model

I would like to think A is the case, but we should all brace ourselves* for B, since that would be the GW move ("but guys....you now have shoulder pads! What more could you possibly want!")

I would consider all this meatless teasing to be like Magnus trying to play a trick and stay calm and collected.

*even though not all of us play SW, the return of another Primarch, let alone a 2nd Loyalist one, is enough of a tremor to the setting to give every player a vested interest

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GWPreview-Aug12-SWPaintedModels-16iq.jpg

It looks like the option to at least take some sort of BP and Chainsword is there, one of the Primaris models is armed as such. The question is, can said Primaris Marine still make use of either a Bolt Carbine or Bolt Rifle? If so, this is going to be hard for me to control my spending this entire year!

Still not new, thats the current CA/FAQ loadout on the Squad leader.

Why are you surprised that GW says something about Wolves and then shows nothing. It's been that way since the announcement of 8th edition. I'll get excited when I have my codex in my hands and see new stock on my FLGS shelf. 

Guest Triszin

GW is definitely trolling. They want to see how many hits to w-c.com they can get if people think something like "Space Wolves Chapter Tactics (equivalent)" are going to show up.

This means 1 of 2 things:

A. there's some really good stuff coming out with the book (like a Primarch?)

B. there's actually nothing more than "you can now use Stormtalons" and that new Primaris model

I would like to think A is the case, but we should all brace ourselves* for B, since that would be the GW move ("but guys....you now have shoulder pads! What more could you possibly want!")

I would consider all this meatless teasing to be like Magnus trying to play a trick and stay calm and collected.

*even though not all of us play SW, the return of another Primarch, let alone a 2nd Loyalist one, is enough of a tremor to the setting to give every player a vested interest

Books contents usually leak on preorder date, war of sigmar said they are doing a full review out sat at 12.01 am.

I have a feeling something is in the book that will make us howl (in a good way).

Im trying to supress it, but the ork vid's waagh is bleeding through and now im howling with thewagghh

One thing GW has routinely claimed is that the Wolves players will love our release schedule.

Tooth and Claw, Codex, and a rather badass Primaris Battle Leader model incline me to think that this is one of two or more waves of releases.

Now, don't get me wrong, three is unlikely, but not impossible. Still, even if only two release waves occur, with how well the Wolves appear to be able to use the strengths of the Primaris to fill the holes in their ranks that they best transfer into, it would appear the Wolves may actually be thriving with both the new blood and the different and augmenting combat potential.

Overall, I expect the Wolves to get two release waves, while three is not impossible, it is also not entirely likely. As far as the level of integration, the Wolves might have absorbed a pretty solid portion of the Wolfspear or maybe one or more other Primaris successor Chapters. The neat part is, Intercessors, even without a major ability to take CCW's can help cover a great deal of the board as mobile fire support. We may get lucky and actually receive CCW options for Primaris Intercessors; if so, this release will be killer, to the enemy!

Edit:

That "bolt pistol" is a bolt rifle, he is holding at the mid point as shown at the bottom right here: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GWPreview-Aug12-ToothAndClaw-8qo.jpg

He's nothing more than a Primaris intercessor sergeant. So other than SW upgrade bits, the primaris Lt. axe, there is nothing new to the Primaris line. Even the power axe may be nothing new, read a FB rumor it's the same stats as a power sword like all the other Lt.'s. So we get what everyone else got but in a box set. Untill GW shows more we are stuck with what we got, the long wait was for nought.

We get our stuff this saturday and orks get theirs probably 2 months from now. If you ask me better with a lieutenant and tweeked rules + adjusted point costs now than with 1 - 2 new models (we wolves have plenty of new models) and rules in October :smile.:

Archived