Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Lone wolf is going to be fun stratagem for a TDAWG survivor of a pack

Deed benefits were not shown so we dont know what they unlock yet for warlords

The psychic powers look awesome and njal is probably going to get more action

a 3cp -1 to hit bubble is nice too

Guest Triszin

not a lot was shown, but frust fury looks like  a terrifying relic.

24", assault 4, any wounds roll a D6 on a 4+ mortal wounds?

so thats just +1mortal wound for the shooting phase, or for each wound?

happy to see saga of the bear is back

The Sagas... oh Allfather. Warlord traits expanding into auras... that will be cool. And for Captain Smash... I think we are there almost. +1 to hit and +1 to wound Vehicles... that ia brutal. But the feeling that they are pushing a mono army is hard.

not a lot was shown, but frust fury looks like a terrifying relic.

24", assault 4, any wounds roll a D6 on a 4+ mortal wounds?

so thats just +1mortal wound for the shooting phase, or for each wound?

happy to see saga of the bear is back

says "any wounds" so i interpret as 1 roll only per shioting phase

it does say Brother

"However, each Saga also has an associated Deed of Legend – a valiant task that, when completed by your Warlord, transforms their Saga into a powerful aura ability!"

it does say Brother

"However, each Saga also has an associated Deed of Legend – a valiant task that, when completed by your Warlord, transforms their Saga into a powerful aura ability!"

ooh the warlod with an aura for the exact same ability...interesting

we are better than captain smash haha the hanson brothers (WL and 2 wgbl all TH) will be tearing knights apart

The impression I get is that the rule for the saga goes from just effecting the Warlord to affecting all models within the aura (no clue how big that will be but 6" seems the norm).

Take Saga of the Bear for example. Once the WL passes his first save, his 6+++ goes from affecting just him to being a bubble ability. Tasty!

My rune priest in bike will have a lot of work with that new stratagem and Storm Caller. "Yeah I get cover and a -1 to hit bubble around him while I come to you with my invulnerable saves, come at me"

And if the Pack Leader can take the new TDA a Tartaros with 6" and the Lone Wolf Stratagem will be nice

it does say Brother

It says that but it doesn't detail whether that deed creates a separate aura ability or turns the trait into an aura ability. It also doesn't give the range of the aura, though presumably it's 6". 

I am super pumped and excited! Looks really fluffy and fun! 

Guest Triszin

it does say Brother

turns into an aura ability?

Saga of the bear looks insane then...

Wolves are truly a chapter of heros. each wolf is a hero.

The fluff is real, I love all this.

it does say Brother

turns into an aura ability?

Saga of the bear looks insane then...

Wolves are truly a chapter of heros. each wolf is a hero.

The trade being your letting them get shot.

lol that they showed us a strategem that we already have access to with chapter approved...

Love the primaris artwork depicted with all their helmets on.

Also if frostfury is anything to go by helfrost got buffed to more reliably inflict mortal wounds which is nice. 

it does say Brother

It says that but it doesn't detail whether that deed creates a separate aura ability or turns the trait into an aura ability. It also doesn't give the range of the aura, though presumably it's 6".

I am super pumped and excited! Looks really fluffy and fun!

The wording I'd say implies that the Warlord trait becomes an aura ability. And the range it is safe to say it will be 6".

Another interesting thing about wording that I think that may be great. The Saga of the Bear seems to imply that the Saga could be chosen for Bjorn, at ehich point it'd ask, can oir named characters take the Saga of their choosing? Because Beastslayer and Bjorn would be such a brutal combo against Knight amd mechanized armies I would cry "hey you see my 6 Dreads with invuln and S10 weapons? Yeah Bjorn gives them rerolls of 1 and adds 1 to their wound rolls after killing your little Arminger. Have a fun game fighting Dreads that hit on 2+ and wound on a 2+"

or you make a melee saving throw against chaff to activate it then go hunting big game

this is what AM do with those electro dudes who get a 3++ if they kill someone in melee

jump packs or bikes are going to be very popular again

lol that they showed us a strategem that we already have access to with chapter approved...

Love the primaris artwork depicted with all their helmets on.

Also if frostfury is anything to go by helfrost got buffed to more reliably inflict mortal wounds which is nice. 

I dont mind, I love that one so to see its the same is worth it. Its going to be one of our main ways to get stuck in.

Guest Triszin

hmm, on the terminator armors.

Will a wolf guard squad be able to mix and match the armor sets?

5 wolf guard

x1 tartarous

x2 catapractii

x2 standard tda

------

"indepth" article is brief. I eagerly await the stream and tomorrow

That line wolf stratagem may be one of the most fluffy stratagems ever released by GW. And I love it.

All in all it looks like we should be in decent shape once the book is in hand.

One thing I'm excited for more than anything is units in a logical order in the codex and not having to flip to the space marine section when I can't remember shared unit rules. That index was horribly organized.

What I’m currently seeing is a slow combat focused army, will have to wait to see the codex before passing judgment. I’m hoping for some speed.

Well we have Cunning of the wolf which is an awesome one. I could see maybe one more delivery based one or something for Saga of the Hunter possibly. I think we shouldnt be as fast as Blood angels though. I rather like the up close yet midrangy idea, where were live in rapid fire range and dare people to charge us.

One little gripe. Long fangs seem to have potentially been nerfed. You have to spend a CP to get re-rolls to hit or wound. This could mean they lost their built in re-rolls to hit, but got access to better re-rolls for a CP.

everything else is looking amazing so far though. I'm loving living lightening. And the traits look great.

What I’m currently seeing is a slow combat focused army, will have to wait to see the codex before passing judgment. I’m hoping for some speed.

Well, we aren't death guard slow. If TWC are brought back up to 12" movement then we're good to go in my opinion. Even without that we'll be OK honestly. The outflank strat, stormwolf troop carriers, rhinos/landraiders, the -2 to hit us as we march up if we foot slog. I think we'll be OK. 

One little gripe. Long fangs seem to have potentially been nerfed. You have to spend a CP to get re-rolls to hit or wound. This could mean they lost their built in re-rolls to hit, but got access to better re-rolls for a CP.

everything else is looking amazing so far though. I'm loving living lightening. And the traits look great.

I think you are misreading that

The statagem lets them reroll ALL misses instead of just 1s (which is dumb with BS 3 but whatever)

OR

reroll all wounds (this is what you should use 100% of the time)

I don't think this means they removed the innate reroll of 1's

Archived