Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Living Lightning might be interesting Character killer. If you manage to get them into combat a couple of wounds of a character, you may take them out with the power and hurt their buddy with it too. A situational smite that might be a decent third power for Njal. And against horde armies Fury of the Wolf Spirit might be decent when casting Storm Caller is not going to benefit.

Guest Triszin

Living Lightning might be interesting Character killer. If you manage to get them into combat a couple of wounds of a character, you may take them out with the power and hurt their buddy with it too. A situational smite that might be a decent third power for Njal. And against horde armies Fury of the Wolf Spirit might be decent when casting Storm Caller is not going to benefit.

I am going to wait for the batrep, were Living lightning killed 80% of an army turn 1.

It uhh, it just went everywhere....

Henceforth, that rune priest should be known as..

Mr. Wednesday

--

miss read it, read it as model, not unit

One little gripe. Long fangs seem to have potentially been nerfed. You have to spend a CP to get re-rolls to hit or wound. This could mean they lost their built in re-rolls to hit, but got access to better re-rolls for a CP.

everything else is looking amazing so far though. I'm loving living lightening. And the traits look great.

I think you are misreading that

The statagem lets them reroll ALL misses instead of just 1s (which is dumb with BS 3 but whatever)

OR

reroll all wounds (this is what you should use 100% of the time)

I don't think this means they removed the innate reroll of 1's

a silly strategy to deal a lot of damage would be use this stratagems with the rerolls to hit and Cunning of the wolf. Multimeltas in melta ramge amd reroll all to hit means you get the BS 3+ back. Also useful when having to splitfire. But the wound rolls will probably more used (and save me 70 points of the WGBL baby sitter they had before in a time)

One little gripe. Long fangs seem to have potentially been nerfed. You have to spend a CP to get re-rolls to hit or wound. This could mean they lost their built in re-rolls to hit, but got access to better re-rolls for a CP.

everything else is looking amazing so far though. I'm loving living lightening. And the traits look great.

The statagem lets them reroll ALL misses instead of just 1s (which is dumb with BS 3 but whatever)

OR

I hope it stays, theyve always had some in built bonus. Im likeing the idea that they become suuuuper self sufficient with that. Ill take reroll ones on PC fangs and reroll wounds for 1 cp all day. Frees up the WGBL babysitter i usually give them for more in their face pressure.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/SWPreview-17Aug-Inteceptors-18jg.jpg

man i love this art piece of space wolves inceptors, but wouldn't all wolf bling on him burn up on entry?

or is there a jewelry supply depot they hit up right after planet fall?

I thought they were just jumping in from the air, not from space. Either way, we probably shouldn't go too far down the path of logic in 40k lol

Here me out for a second. WGPL TDA in a Long Fang unit with Cyclone Missile laumcher and Storm Shield. Let him tip the enemies of the Allfather from behind and if his pack is killed give him Lone Wolf... and his CML now rerolls to hit and wound, to an untargetable unit that even if open has 3-4 wounds and a 2+ and 3++. Does that sound nasty?

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/SWPreview-17Aug-Inteceptors-18jg.jpg

man i love this art piece of space wolves inceptors, but wouldn't all wolf bling on him burn up on entry?

if the jewelry is admantine, I see no problem

bone necklaces and purity seals

I thought they were just jumping in from the air, not from space. Either way, we probably shouldn't go too far down the path of logic in 40k lol

they're dropped from crafts in lower orbit

Guest Triszin

Here me out for a second. WGPL TDA in a Long Fang unit with Cyclone Missile laumcher and Storm Shield. Let him tip the enemies of the Allfather from behind and if his pack is killed give him Lone Wolf... and his CML now rerolls to hit and wound, to an untargetable unit that even if open has 3-4 wounds and a 2+ and 3++. Does that sound nasty?

or cataphractii, with lightning claw and stormsheild?

laughs at everything in front of him

Why yes.....yes it does...

I forget. Did someone mention there was supposed to be some kind of livestream today or tomorrow involving the Space Wolves? Or did I imagine that?

There is today a livestream about buidling your army and then a batrep.

OR

I hope it stays, theyve always had some in built bonus. Im likeing the idea that they become suuuuper self sufficient with that. Ill take reroll ones on PC fangs and reroll wounds for 1 cp all day. Frees up the WGBL babysitter i usually give them for more in their face pressure.

I didn't miss read it. I said there is the potential that they lost their built in trait and it got replaced with a strat that is better. Just means having to spend CP on it. It's just what I got from reading the strat. I might be wrong.

There is also the potential that they didn't loose it and they become really self sufficient. Would be nice

I forget. Did someone mention there was supposed to be some kind of livestream today or tomorrow involving the Space Wolves? Or did I imagine that?

Is there a link to a time/place for it? I hope it isn't while I am at work or in the metro system with no signal. :( 

OR

I didn't miss read it. I said there is the potential that they lost their built in trait and it got replaced with a strat that is better. Just means having to spend CP on it. It's just what I got from reading the strat. I might be wrong.

There is also the potential that they didn't loose it and they become really self sufficient. Would be nice

This was my thought also. 

About the only time I'd use the re roll failed hits is if I were already at a -1. You're still missing on 3's but it's better than missing 1s 2s and 3. 

Is there a link to a time/place for it? I hope it isn't while I am at work or in the metro system with no signal. :sad.:

The army building stream starts at 5pm bst, which is 11am for myself (cdt)

Better if we have Frost Sword or even Thunder Hammer. "O you kille my pack mates? Well you are within 6" I am a character and I reroll everything. Here comes the pain"

Better if we have Frost Sword or even Thunder Hammer. "O you kille my pack mates? Well you are within 6" I am a character and I reroll everything. Here comes the pain"

Here comes the pain! lol reminded me of that opening lyric 

What I’m currently seeing is a slow combat focused army, will have to wait to see the codex before passing judgment. I’m hoping for some speed.

Well we have Cunning of the wolf which is an awesome one. I could see maybe one more delivery based one or something for Saga of the Hunter possibly. I think we shouldnt be as fast as Blood angels though. I rather like the up close yet midrangy idea, where were live in rapid fire range and dare people to charge us.

Agreed. This is our rules legacy

Is there a link to a time/place for it? I hope it isn't while I am at work or in the metro system with no signal. :(

Is there a link? (Starts unfastening barrels of mjod for the warrior who provides the correct answer first)

Is there a link? (Starts unfastening barrels of mjod for the warrior who provides the correct answer first)
there is

www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Archived