Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Every Codex I've bought, something has gone on the shelf: Leman Russ tanks, missile launcher long fangs, wolf lord on a bike, terminators, thunderwolf wolf lord, land raiders, wolf scouts, thunder wolf cavalry in general, and now my shield dreads, lone wolf, and thunder wolf iron priest.

But every Codex I get new toys, and every now and then an old unit comes off the shelf.

This Codex looks like my scouts may see action again, my jump HQs will definitely see action again, I'll need to get some long fangs with plasma cannons (they've been good for a while, but now they look too good to pass up).

Every change has good and bad. Don't throw anything away, just put them on the shelf until they're good again. Lone wolves may be back eventually, blizzard shields may be 3++ again, and iron priests might get their furry mounts back in the future.

Either way, right now I'm TOTALLY stoked for our new Codex. We'll see when I get it, but from the leaks so far it looks like one of the best in a while.

Every codex release is like this. It’s the cycle of codex-life.

It's a little blurry on my iPhone, but it looks like the ironwolves and firehowlers are still listed there.

I saw that too. It’s unfortunate as it contradicts the established lore that Wolf Lords select their own badge/heraldry and tactics based on their own personality and predilections. “Oh, Egil’s successor just took the same badge and tactics” is lazy and lame.

It's a little blurry on my iPhone, but it looks like the ironwolves and firehowlers are still listed there.

I saw that too. It’s unfortunate as it contradicts the established lore that Wolf Lords select their own badge/heraldry and tactics based on their own personality and predilections. “Oh, Egil’s successor just took the same badge and tactics” is lazy and lame.

It could just be a record of their existence, it may be that nobody has stepped up to take command of these 2 companies yet so the old heraldry stands?

I thought I was going to be buying a lot, however I am just getting the codex and datacards. Dice are meh, the boxset I would only use intercessors and the WGBL, however he isn't separate.

It's okay though because I much prefer my Primaris Wolf Lord than him. Magnetized hand to swap between sword/axe/claw and magnetizef backpack for jump pack. I was honestly hoping for a true Primaris Wolf Lord with melee options via conversions like the GK got.

http://imgur.com/a/hDFBkoN

Harald Deathwolf is present after all. Iron Priest on Thunderwolf (and Bike)... not so much.

(EDIT: Wow - they did get rid off ALL the Priests on Bikes. I thought it was just supposed to be the Iron Priest. Meh).

Guest Triszin

only reason I am grabbing the box set, is because I do not own any primaris. so heck, why not.

From the lore in the codex it's pretty obvious Russ IS indeed going to return. I expect the campaign in the new year.

ya, from the review blurb, it certainly sounded like Russ is the NEXT primarch. just not in the codex.

I suspect, prime ghaz, and fulgrim/angron then russ

FLG are saying Orks are going to get substantial new models added to the range, and once GSC is released the campaign books will start popping up, and additions to the Primaris range for all Astartes Factions.

It was a good review. But it leaves me a bit dry in terms of changes. It says more or less what we knew. Lone Wolves are indeed out of the codex, as Iron Priest variants. I misheard and Harald is in.

Fluff wise I like it. Primaris succumb to the Wulfen and the portents leave us hopeful for Russ.

A new saga revealed, Saga of the Hunter and it si quite nice. With a Cataphractii Wolf Lord you get a model with a 2+ save against everything from AP -2 below while in cover and a 3++. But the rules for the Wolf Scout Bikers (that take a Fast Attack slot), if different TDA can be used by Packs, the equipment for the new TDA.so while nice the real gaps are still not filled.

Also Saga of the Wolfkin is alos mentioned but not shown

Edit: seems lime Wolf guard might get the pistol too. Would be nice to see if we can have pistol, melee amd shield

From just a few snippets the Codex is looking good, however.

The Wulfen truly do look like an exceptional unit, the murderfang is great. If a few points are dropped here and there loads of stuff will work and there's lots of synergy.

FLG are saying Orks are going to get substantial new models added to the range, and once GSC is released the campaign books will start popping up, and additions to the Primaris range for all Astartes Factions.

I hope you are right this time. Orks need an update and non-chapter Primaris competitive melee are needed, not just for the SWs but others as well.

From just a few snippets the Codex is looking good, however.

The Wulfen truly do look like an exceptional unit, the murderfang is great. If a few points are dropped here and there loads of stuff will work and there's lots of synergy.

Wulfen are great I found. With the FnP and the 3++ from the shield they are almos like having a 2+ save. They seem to nit have dropped in points.

Murdefang is going to be killy but without invuln or FnP he is not that durable. Seems like a sitter for Long Famgs at most. Might give Wisdom of the Ancients to split fire if necessary and available or to himself after HI or charge to reroll hits and wounds.

Notbing really telling in the review, most is index. Now we have to see points costs.

Sadly no helfrost.

Looks like no warscroll for rideless Logan? Just a version on Stormrider?

Indeed is seems so. Sad aboht that and the Bike Rune Priest, since I really like mine. If there is a pint change might start taking the JP version if he gets more powers.

Archived