Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Wondering if there is a mobility strat i think we are missing some to reach 27 after you add the marine ones

Might be but the Advance and charge might be from our Saga.

Also it is possible we get The Lion and the Wolf, so there are only two or three left if my tentative list. Would be interesting to have a 3d6 charge stratagem.

I'd be surprised if we got Lion and the wolf as well. With the new battle brothers rule keeping detachments clean you're going to need a DA detachment regardless, so having it in both books is redundant when you get it just for having the DA troops on the field.

Maybe there will be a wolf version that gives a different benefit and you can only pick one of them, but i can't see the logic in having the exact same stratagem twice.

As long as the primaris upgrade does not replace the SW upgrade kit I'll be happy. But why the crud do we need to be saddled with Blackmanes pads AGAIN?

Surely he must know there are other great companies out there and a great many people do not collect Blackmanes GC.

As long as the primaris upgrade does not replace the SW upgrade kit I'll be happy. But why the crud do we need to be saddled with Blackmanes pads AGAIN?

Surely he must know there are other great companies out there and a great many people do not collect Blackmanes GC.

surely 'he' must know? if you mean the sculptor, i think you're probably overestimating how much he (and GW) are in touch he's in touch with what people are collecting. not like there's analytics for what bits and transfers people are using like in a video game. and online communities like ourselves are probably not an accurate slice  of what the average hobbyist are doing.

i'm sure the sculptor knows there are other great companies, but as far as he's concerned he only needs to worry about the 'default' Space Wolf badge just like he only needs to worry about the default Ultramarines, Blood Angel, and Dark Angel badges. Consistency with the house brand and all that. 

I'd rather have decals with every company+legion logos with a plain pauldron. It's actually the thing detering me from buying the upgrade pack.

i would love that.

i've had such a hard time with all the different ways to do a deathwolves shoulder pad - forge world decals that don't fit right, then the decal sheet gets discontinued, then i try shapeway but the quality sucks - to the point where the only option was to just get really good freehanding it.

I'd rather have decals with every company+legion logos with a plain pauldron. It's actually the thing detering me from buying the upgrade pack.

i would love that.

i've had such a hard time with all the different ways to do a deathwolves shoulder pad - forge world decals that don't fit right, then the decal sheet gets discontinued, then i try shapeway but the quality sucks - to the point where the only option was to just get really good freehanding it.

I get the issue with Shapeways, not a issue I have had myself. Where you ordering from?

If it is an Index option you still have it as an option.

But how long will that last? 'But it's still in the Index' is just deflecting the issue imo. They're not going to keep updated Index rules around forever. Removal from the dex clearly states GW's intention to remove the option. Maybe it'll last the rest of 8th (so until next year, given recent edition lengths?), but regardless it's still pretty galling.

Regarding bikes, is it possible they made it a wargear option, so as to reduce the overall datasheet count? I always thought it was kinda silly to have an extra datasheet when a single line of modifiers would take much less space. Same for thunderwolf mounts.

Regarding bikes, is it possible they made it a wargear option, so as to reduce the overall datasheet count? I always thought it was kinda silly to have an extra datasheet when a single line of modifiers would take much less space. Same for thunderwolf mounts.

Doubtful, didn't the other codexs have issue with bikes? I kept reading it was something to do with copyright or something idk.

It sounds weird but the more I think about it I’m kinda glad we didn’t get great companies at this juncture. We can already tweak the detachments to make them more or less.

If we would have gotten the eldar treatment one or two might have had good rules but then most would have gotten stinkers that were not usable.

We got a huge shakeup already with the indexing of stuff. Let’s let it play out.

On one hand I'm happy we're getting our book and with some support for a footslog army. On the other I'm pretty upset that Bikes for our Wolf Guard and Priests are gone along with Lone Wolves. Here's hoping for more support for Power Armor and Terminator Wolf Guard although I doubt it. It would be great to be able to mix and match armor classes again.

Guest Triszin

So...apparently we won't be able to take Logan without his chariot anymore?

No way!

lots of things forgotten about again. -.-

I'm overall quite happy. Don't understand the exclusion of Logan but we now have several great fluffy options I want for the army, and I think the rules incentive is to use a lot of independent characters which again is flavorful.

Logan doesn't have an unmounted model anymore, only the chariot, hence the reason for the exclusion. 

Archived