Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Guest Triszin

hmm, whats interesting is Bob on war of sigmar says

deeds were not in the codex he was sent.

and grimnar did have a on foot data sheet.

sounds like reviewers got a different codex with stuff missing?

As long as the primaris upgrade does not replace the SW upgrade kit I'll be happy. But why the crud do we need to be saddled with Blackmanes pads AGAIN?

Surely he must know there are other great companies out there and a great many people do not collect Blackmanes GC.

im really tired of things being all Ragnar.

As long as the primaris upgrade does not replace the SW upgrade kit I'll be happy. But why the crud do we need to be saddled with Blackmanes pads AGAIN?

Surely he must know there are other great companies out there and a great many people do not collect Blackmanes GC.

im really tired of things being all Ragnar.

And all the Ragnar people are upset about about him not being updated. Weird choices all around.

To be honest, I'm sad about how schizophrenic the fluff seems to be. They'll introduce setting-warping events, Wolf Successor Chapters, killed off entire Great Conspiracies with Lords who've been part of the fluff for nearly 20 years, yet they don't seem to want to actually follow through on them. With the successors not mentioned, the same 12 Company icons used and the 100-200 year (not 100% sure how long it was off the top of my head) time jump kinda ignored, but not really because 'look Primaris!'. Don't get me wrong, it's not a Wolf-unique problem (SM Codex was awful for answering the 'Primaris, how do they work?' question to any useful extent), but it still bothers me how they keep trying to pull a 'the fluff's totally different guys, with all this cool new stuff, but also nothing's changed and all the old is still there'. You can't have the cake and eat it GW, either bail on the 'new stuff' angle, or actually commit to it and give us some new fluff that actually addresses the questions you brought up (and no, 'wait for the BL book' doesn't wash for me, dexes need at least some pertinent fluff, especially as recent BL works have been raising more questions than they answer).

hmm, whats interesting is Bob on war of sigmar says

deeds were not in the codex he was sent.

and grimnar did have a on foot data sheet.

sounds like reviewers got a different codex with stuff missing?

That's interesting.  It could mean that there's still hope to get a "complete" codex with things like bikes, logan on foot, iron priest on thunderwolf. 

However, I refuse to get my hopes up any further.  I'm happy with the new stuff we're getting, and I've already made peace with the stuff it looks like we might lose.  If I get my hopes up even further, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

Still, it's an interesting observation.

Seeing Winters SEO review he goes into a few more details.

Saga of the Wolfkin, add 1 attack to friendly TWC or Wulfen models near your Warlord

Relic

Stone if the Wukfen add 1 attack to non Wulfen units within 3. Get Harald for the first, a WGBL With the relic and probably Arjac and you have TWC with 5 attacks within their aura. If youbget cheeky with positioning and Wulfen you can get them uo to 6 attacks.

Edit :

we get Orbital Bombardment

We alos get Howl of the Great Pack (2CP) outpass morale for units within 12", and add +1 to enemy units (good for being grouoed up).

We get Auspex scan but you have to have a Rune Preist to use it

Mento's Guidance(1CP), reroll wound rolls for character within 6" of a wolf priest.

Overwhelming Savagery (1CP) reroll wound rolls of 1 for TWC

Overwhelming Impetuosity (1CP) reroll hit rolls of 1 for a unit kf BC that charged against a highr power rating

The Emperor's Executioners get an extra attack against 1kSons on a 4+ (3+ on the charge if no modifiers apply, those sorcerous won't know what hit them)

Relics

Black Death is a Frost Axe with additional D3 attacks

Helm of ... reroll failed hit rolls for ranged weapons and ignore cover

No CP farm.

Guest Triszin

Seeing Winters SEO review he goes into a few more details.

Saga of the Wolfkin, add 1 attack to friendly TWC or Wulfen models near your Warlord

Relic

Stone if the Wukfen add 1 attack to non Wulfen units within 3. Get Harald for the first, a WGBL With the relic and probably Arjac and you have TWC with 5 attacks within their aura. If youbget cheeky with positioning and Wulfen you can get them uo to 6 attacks.

stone of the wulfen + saga of the majety sounds cool

Arjac lacks the mobility to be predictably useful amongst wulfen and TWC, but add a wolf priest with a jump pack, and that gets pretty crazy.

that is what a Stormwolf with him and Terminators are for. You may also do a DS with the wulfen for a rerollable charge

Living Storm is 1CP to increase Living lightning to d6 as though for 1CP. Needs 3 Rune Preiest.

Tempest's Wrath increased to 24"

Murderous Hurricane waro charge of 5. Roll a dice for every model in the unit. On a 6+ that unit suffers a mortal wound. Does not say a limit on the dice.

Storm Caller is our hardest power at 8.

Edit:

Ragnar get D3 attack when making a Heroic Intervention

Review copies seem indeed to have modified Warlord traits so sagas are a bit different and Deeds are missing.

Also as exoected no Chainswords on Intercessors.

Reviews are starting to pop up on youtube

Overwhelming impetuosity

Bloodclaw unit that charged higher power level get to reroll hits

Mentor's guidance

Shooting phase for a character (not wolf priest) reroll all failed wound rolls

Chooser of the slain (our version of auspex)

Visible to a Ruin priest setting up SW within 6" of RP can fire at -1

Something for TWC to reroll 1's

Howl of the great pack (2 CP)

All SW within 12" of wolf lord pass morale and enemy units have -1 morale

Oooh ouch so did they nerf Wolf Preists then if that mentors guidance strat was added? Or just made it not just in the fight phase.

It is for wound rolls, so now a Wolf Priest would give rerolls to hit and to wound in the Fight phase. It also can give reroll to wound rolls on the shooting phase. Not to Wokf Priests though

Edit: Wukfen Dread with axe and shield is 135 points so a 25 points markdown from.current Ven Dread

So about the new rules...

1. Longfangs are very solid, they can ignore modifiers with a strat and reroll hits or wounds with another strat  (bye bye flyers and eldar trickery)

2. Runepriests seem to be mandatory cause they add so much to the army. The strat for -1 to hit aura is awesome and game changing ,  living lightning is good also. 

3.   Wolf lords can be beatsticks + buffers if the deeds are indeed coming with the dex

All in all we seem good but not super competitive

I think space wolf spearheads, are going to be in a lot of soup lists moving forward. A rune priest a few units of fangs, and maybe a unit or two outflanking is just going to be really good.

For people like me that prefer playing one codex I think we're in good shape, but 8th just doesn't reward that as much as it should imo. That said I have a really favorable first impression of this codex :biggrin.:  

I think space wolf spearheads, are going to be in a lot of soup lists moving forward. A rune priest a few units of fangs, and maybe a unit or two outflanking is just going to be really good.

For people like me that prefer playing one codex I think we're in good shape, but 8th just doesn't reward that as much as it should imo. That said I have a really favorable first impression of this codex :biggrin.:

Yea I’m hoping the lack of CP farm is future proofing for the big FAQ2.

. Lets see what it haves

Edit: Footslog Logan is in. And seems like a 20 point decrease

1:03 mark confirms wolf scouts continue to suck

makes me sad that elite scouts are worse than vanilla trainees

. Lets see what it haves

Edit: Footslog Logan is in. And seems like a 20 point decrease

1:03 mark confirms wolf scouts continue to suck

makes me sad that elite scouts are worse than vanilla trainees

Man.. i've really struggled to stay optimistic throughout this steady stream small nerfs and minor let downs. Nothing has really jumped out at me as amazing/fun except the Warlord Trait ( Sagas )which turns out aren't even in the Codex ? Whats going on here... 

Archived