Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

. Lets see what it haves

Edit: Footslog Logan is in. And seems like a 20 point decrease. And a decrease for the Stormrider version of 40 points. Well that seems more interesting

10:30, if you zoom in, wolf guard bikers are still in there.  A lot of the nerfs being reported I think may be false.

Logan can still be taken on foot.

You man via index only? If so it’s really not helpful to continuously point that out...

. Lets see what it haves

Edit: Footslog Logan is in. And seems like a 20 point decrease. And a decrease for the Stormrider version of 40 points. Well that seems more interesting

10:30, if you zoom in, wolf guard bikers are still in there. A lot of the nerfs being reported I think may be false.

Oooh don’t get my hopes up again.

You man via index only? If so it’s really not helpful to continuously point that out...

. Lets see what it haves

10:30, if you zoom in, wolf guard bikers are still in there. A lot of the nerfs being reported I think may be false.

No he is in the codex being shown in the scorpion preview

top profile left page on foot

bottom profile in sled

i believe many of these early reviewers are showing rough drafts (the deed thing was a late add for example)

Bjorn seems like it took a 30 point decrease. What a beast. But Helfrost seems to remain unchanged. So twin Lascannon all the way

Wow that’s great if true.
fkrgot the points change he had in CA but it still seems a 20 point difference. Still good.

And Rune Priests seem to now know 2 powers. So a bit of a buff (but only for Primaris, Regular and TDA). They seem to have gone down the regular version so I think that will be my source for Psychic

No changes for the Slayer nor Healing Balms.

. Lets see what it haves

bottom profile in sled

i believe many of these early reviewers are showing rough drafts (the deed thing was a late add for example)

Yea I see the Logan one, but mainly I’m hoping for the Preists and WG options to upgrade to a mounted version.

. Lets see what it haves

bottom profile in sled

Yea I see the Logan one, but mainly I’m hoping for the Preists and WG options to upgrade to a mounted version.

Zooming in on the wolf priest entry I see the option for a jump pack, but I don't see the option to take a bike...

Edit: same for the rune priest and wolf lord entries.  Unless there's a later datasheet for a specific "bike mounted runepriest" and "bike mounted wolf priest"

10:30, if you zoom in, wolf guard bikers are still in there.  A lot of the nerfs being reported I think may be false.

Where do you see a "Wolf Guard Biker" entry? I see a listing for "Wolf Guard Bike LEADER" and "Wolf Guard Sky Leader" both of which were in the index listed yesterday and are also detailed in the Swiftclaws and Skyclaws entries from the Index Imperium. These aren't Wolf Guard units on bikes (or jump packs), they are regular bike/pack units with a single Wolf Guard leader in the unit.

I don't see anything resembling the Index's "Wolf Guard on Bikes" datasheets.

So warlord traits are changed ... the reviewers have saga of the bear give +1 wound but gw previewed 6+ fnp also saga of magesty is different and there are no deeds in the youtube previews who is right and who is wrong?? We ll see next week.Deeds are huge buffs and provide nice flavor i hope they are in. Who knows what other small tweeks happened. Damn gw you had one job... :)

Where do you see a "Wolf Guard Biker" entry? I see a listing for "Wolf Guard Bike LEADER" and "Wolf Guard Sky Leader" both of which were in the index listed yesterday and are also detailed in the Swiftclaws and Skyclaws entries from the Index Imperium. These aren't Wolf Guard units on bikes (or jump packs), they are regular bike/pack units with a single Wolf Guard leader in the unit.

I don't see anything resembling the Index's "Wolf Guard on Bikes" datasheets.

At 10:30, if you zoom in on the Price Lists in the bottom right corner of the left page, you see the price listed for wolf guard bikers.

At 10:30, if you zoom in on the Price Lists in the bottom right corner of the left page, you see the price listed for wolf guard bikers.

Nope.

That last entry is for Wolf SCOUT Bikers. And the two before it are the Wolf Guard leader variations.

You're right.  Later in the video it's clearer.  I guess space wolves decided they didn't like bikes this codex.

So no improvement on BC BS either. I really like the fluffy side of the Codex but we also has several nerfs (was a single model like Harald that much to have a 2++ against shooting? His 188 points are far from fair without his main selling point). Logan, Krom and Bjorn are better but the rest are minor changes or nerfs.

Well Lukas works as a WG;L for Blood Claws. For his points now he seems worse since for nearly half the points you get a WGBL. The good thing is his HI to get him into combat and die to cause mortal wounds.

Also Wulfen dread 70 points base. So the price of a regular dread. Claw and shield seem the best loadout for me. But it is only a 3 point difference with the Storm Bolter than the Axe. Blizzard shield for 15 points.

After watching the strikingscorpian review of the codex, there's good and bad.

The Bad: no bikes at all for anyone but scouts and bloodclaws, no buff to scouts to make them elite (but still take an elite spot), no thunderwolf mount for iron priests, no buff to our thunderwolf cavalry (I will continue to leave mine on the shelf), a couple of nerfs to a few of our characters, a major nerf to the blizzard shield

The Good: hunters unleashed is awesome, our sagas are all really good (and may or may not become auras? depends on final release I suppose), the armor of russ is awesome, tempestus powers are now awesome, we have several really good stratagems

My opinion?  I'm happy with this codex.  I'm not happy about having to shelve literally all my bikes and both of my blizz dreads, but I will be bringing a lot of my jump pack characters off the shelf, and I now expect my long fangs to make eldar cry.  So my play style looks like it will change significantly, but I think my wolves will still be fun to play and maybe not top shelf but definitely more competitive now that we have our codex.

I'd rather have decals with every company+legion logos with a plain pauldron. It's actually the thing detering me from buying the upgrade pack.

i would love that.

i've had such a hard time with all the different ways to do a deathwolves shoulder pad - forge world decals that don't fit right, then the decal sheet gets discontinued, then i try shapeway but the quality sucks - to the point where the only option was to just get really good freehanding it.

I get the issue with Shapeways, not a issue I have had myself. Where you ordering from?
the square-ish texture to shapeways stuff in general annoys me. Its just not for me, and the deathwolf pads having other issues that made me completely opt out. I ordered from plokone or whatever, and his deathwolf pads sucked - the rays of the sun are very thin and had a tendency to break off.

To me the bad is golly gee were we near the last for?

Our codex is fairly simple rules changes

Half the codex is copy and paste from vanilla

Russ returning made sense...this not so much

*edit

also we had some major fluff changes with novels recently

zero impact for codex

After watching the strikingscorpian review of the codex, there's good and bad.

The Bad: no bikes at all for anyone but scouts and bloodclaws, no buff to scouts to make them elite (but still take an elite spot), no thunderwolf mount for iron priests, no buff to our thunderwolf cavalry (I will continue to leave mine on the shelf), a couple of nerfs to a few of our characters, a major nerf to the blizzard shield

The Good: hunters unleashed is awesome, our sagas are all really good (and may or may not become auras? depends on final release I suppose), the armor of russ is awesome, tempestus powers are now awesome, we have several really good stratagems

My opinion?  I'm happy with this codex.  I'm not happy about having to shelve literally all my bikes and both of my blizz dreads, but I will be bringing a lot of my jump pack characters off the shelf, and I now expect my long fangs to make eldar cry.  So my play style looks like it will change significantly, but I think my wolves will still be fun to play and maybe not top shelf but definitely more competitive now that we have our codex.

I'm more disappointed than excited. No point decrease on Wulfen and TWC. No invuln save on Bjorn. Blizz shields major nerfed to the point where I'm not sure if it is worth taking them.  No buff to TWC. Not sure even with the legion rule if it makes TWC worth taking.

To me the bad is :censored: were we near the last for?

As cynical as it is to say... to pad out the release schedgule.

I think you are correct. There is absolutely nothing in the codex that justifies it taking this long to come out. The fluff even pre dates Ashes of Prospero so...no 13th company.

Archived