Templars, Primaris, and Bits

Callan

Brothers, inspiration has struck at last, with news of the conflict on Vigilus. I am ready to found my crusade.

Obviously, however, my warriors cannot be without proper heraldry. I seek sources.

What bits from the Templars upgrade package are useful for Primaris? For the other elements, what third party sources do you favor? Have you picts to share?

Of special interest is the Marshall of the Vigilus Crusade, weilding a plasma pistol and power fist.

The shoulder pads are directly compatible. I've given all of my intercessors at least one. The heads aren't as different size wise either, so you can have some proper crusader helmeted brothers.

A particularly useful component is the sheathed power sword in the kit. (the one which isn't flat for vehicles) You can easily use it to arm an intercessor SB with a power sword without having to buy the extra model. (There is no power sword arm in the intercessor box.)

Otherwise, the relics, crusader seals and other small accessories of course fit.

The main things you can't use are the arms, weapons and tabards.

Kromlech "Robed Prime Legionaries" are primaris sized robed bodies. I'm thinking about getting those, a pack of robed veterans heads also from Kromlech and just the arms to make 5 hellblasters or 5 intercessors. I'm just not sure right now that I want to do intercessors. But I think that is the way to go for primaris BT right now.

So, the expensive Kromlech stuff, plus the BT upgrade package, plus the base models, is currently the only option. Unfortunate. Maybe I'll focus on my non-Primaris elements for now.

I really want to get the Vigilus Crusade going.

Well there is people on ebay who sell bits.

Currently I sadly haven't seen 5 packs of primaris guns, when I risked a curious glance the other day. But I would guess, that you could get primaris guns + arms of ebay and put them on the kromlech bodies. For helmets I guess you could use whatever you have, same for shoulder pads (I recently bought maltese crosses from shapeways, probs to them for incredibly fast delivery to germany)

I have loads of spare arms from Intercessor kits as you get way more than enough on the sprues.

For instance: I built 5 intercessors from the 10 man box, (the kit is two identical sets of two sprues)

I built:

- one with the grenade launcher bolt rifle,

- two holding bolt rifles in both hands

- SB holding his bolt rifle in left hand and pointing

- one holding bolt pistol, throwing a grenade and with his bolt rifle holstered.

I still have left:

- four sets of two hands holding bolt rifles

- right hand holding bolt pistol

- left arm cradling auto bolt rifle

- left arm checking wrist auspex

- a left arm, which I think is for speaking into a wrist vox (?)

- a left arm holding a combat knife.

Here is a great resource for Bitz Alternative Templar Bitz

I need to update it as there has been some new stuff out but there is stuff there that is compatible with Primaris

Thanks! I took a look at that yesterday. Good stuff. Not the most versatile, but at this point I suppose we take what we can get.

Archived