Celestial Lions Primaris.

sarabando

The dropship shuddered as it was buffeted side to side by unforgiving atmospherics twenty six hulking shapes moved with the turbulence like expert riders who have become one with their mounts. Red emergency lighting washed over the compartment reflecting off polished arms and armour, a shrill buzzing indicated the flight was coming to an end.

“Arrival in three hundred and eleven seconds.” A once human voice squawked from a brass vox horn. Still unmoving the armoured giants spoke to each other through interhelmet vox links.

“It could just say five minutes.” Said one flatly.

“It’s a servitor it does what it's told.” Droned another “Like you should.” It said finally.

At the front of the vessel three figures turned to face the warriors. Captain Castor Alexander of the third company clad in heavy Gravis armour faced his men.

“Again brothers we enter battle once more.” He roared slamming his fist against his armour heavier and more ornate it rang like a bell and the blow sent sparks skittering across the deck plates. As he spoke the gathered warriors slammed their mailed fists against their breastplates in salute. The second figure stepped forward his armour less ornate and a polished alabaster in stark contrast with the polished gold of his compatriots.

“Again we shall spill our blood on the ash of Armageddon.” He recited his tone prayer like and dour, he too placed his armoured fist against his breast unlike his brothers he did so with grace and not brute strength. The apothecary stepped back as he was acknowledged with another chest breaking salute.  A high pitched whining rang through the very core of each warrior as the retrothrusters kicked in causing massive deceleration of the advanced aircraft, a force so strong it would have liquified a baseline human barely shook the titanic gods of war who stood unmoving. The last figure stepped forward the light glinting only off his skull like faceplate, his armour reflecting no light but swallowing it like a black hole a figure of nightmares of children and men alike.

“Again we shall bring the blessing of death upon the enemies of our Emperor.” He raised his fist and slammed it onto his chest, “For the Emperor, and his vigilant son!”

All present including their commanders saluted again.

“For the Emperor!” They proclaimed as one.

In the front rank of the troopers a marine stepped forward hoisting his heavy weapon a forge fresh bolt rifle. A veteran of the chapter he would lead his squad from the front.

“Again we face our enemies both green and unseen.” He said his tone lighter and more playful as he racked the action of the newly issued weapon. A ripple of laughter spread through the gathered astartes including the grim faced apothecary as the dropship shook and shuddered through her landing.

“Green and unseen.” Confirmed the captain with a nod as the scream of tormented metal gave a moments notice before the bay door was torn from it's settings in a shower of sparks and spray of hydraulic fluid. A great baying beast, unregulated power rippling through it's mighty claws bellowed it's challenge as it tried to claw its way into the fresh meat within. Without an order the Chaplain crushed the beast’s throat and jaw with a powerful back handed blow.

“Again brothers, to war!” He barked firing a rapid burst from his weapon as he dropped from the stricken vessel, the roar of twenty five bolters followed him into battle.

The Celestial Lions had returned to Armageddon, beware any who would make war on the pride this time.

After failing my first ETL due to some RL crap i thought id post this here to see if i can finish my small force of Primaris Celestial Lions

Captain in Gravis armour

Chaplain

Apothecary

2 x 5 man squads

1 banner bearer

1 LT.

heres what i have sofar after picking up my body weight in conquest issue 1.

0rrQBuj.jpg

qLtWtvl.jpg

Z7j0jch.jpg

mOI59oH.jpg

cnzsgHl.jpg

gNDcueD.jpg

MFYyiSQ.jpg

FXrcYgy.jpg

5FcMR4J.jpg

CPMKO9c.jpg

LDL7Us2.jpg

MVeSlv5.jpg

imgur took so long to get their servitors in line i had time to prime, do a coat of gold, and then do several washes and then go back and start regular brush gold :D Also managed to get the apthocary started.

pkM8xNa.jpg

P7OGT17.jpg

jatmeAi.jpg

also took some pics of the dread i did a while back

FgpzNAK.jpg

5xGT47C.jpg

Very nice. Simple and effective.

It took me a while to realise that wasn't a "proper" apothecary model, it fits the bill really well

Thanks man :) i just can't justify £22 for a single pose mini at the moment :( plus the chaplain and libby Primaris models are just horrible minis that imo dont look good at all. So cheap Warhammer conquest kitbashes it is :)

That's an interesting conversion on the Ancient - is there a story behind the Custodes shoulder pad? Maybe he was let out of stasis to work with the Custodes on a mission once?

Archived