primaris death company conversions

micahwc

So I finally ordered my first few Primaris marines and I want to use a blood angels successor chapter. I'd like to stick to just using Primaris models as I like their scale more. I absolutely love death company and want to field a lot of them. They were the first unit for 40k I ever purchased way back in 2nd edition and they are my favorite unit in the game. I know they are not always the best choice, but they are a fun choice. What I'm thinking of doing is kitbashing primaris scale death company using probably reivers and death company boxes. Anyone think this would be a problem to play against as long as I was clear they were death company and not primaris marines of any kind?

I'm also thinking about kitbashing some of the characters using Primaris marines and sanguinary guard models. I am not as hesitant to do this with the characters as they all have multiple wounds anyway and as long as the equipment is WYSISYG I don't think their would be a problem.

Thoughts?

(PS, I've also had the heretical thought of using the blood angels codex and making some world eaters loyalist Primaris, using death company rules to represent my close combat reivers. Power axes and bolt guns.)

micahwc,

Primaris Intercessors are a great starting point for 'true-scale' marines. In the above example I used DC Jump Packs, shoulder pads, helmets and chainswords with Intercessor bodies and Reiver arms - everything went together fairly smoothly. I did have to shave down the shoulder joints on the Reiver arms to fit the old-style pads, but that's about it. 

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

-Ran

micahwc,

Primaris Intercessors are a great starting point for 'true-scale' marines. In the above example I used DC Jump Packs, shoulder pads, helmets and chainswords with Intercessor bodies and Reiver arms - everything went together fairly smoothly. I did have to shave down the shoulder joints on the Reiver arms to fit the old-style pads, but that's about it. 

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

-Ran

I wish i went this route when i made mine, maybe with the SG. I like making elite and hq units bigger than troops to stand out. Wonderful work Ranulf, inspirational...

Archived