Anyone made a smash master? S12 thunder hammer.

STTAB

Running BA and Dark Angels. Working on a mostly DA 2k. Taking a Adeptus Astartes outrider to fit the third flyer, 3 DA fast attack (don't need DA chapter tactic for them) with a Space wolves rune priest as HQ for the -1 to hit power.

Thinking on a smash (thunder hammer and storm shield) master with shroud of heroes for -1 to hit, lion and wolf for +1 attack and strength either with fury of the lion on him or a talonmaster that runs with him. Fury bubble would take sammy to s10 on charge if he's up for playing too.

5 attacks, toughness 5, strength 12 thunder hammer 3++ and -1 to be hit (shooting and combat). 50% chance of starting on 5 wounds.

Would do 9 damage to a knight on average. Can find do all the usual smash captain tricks (fight twice, fight when dies, up to 27 damage on average ). lacks the 3d6 charge but could follow behind some bikers or flyers looking for a turn 2 or 3 charge.

The strength 12 is good for clearing out IG artillery tanks etc.

Anyone had any fun with a master like this?

Does this also mean hitting on 2+ ? (Lion and Wolf gets you to 1+ WS, then -1 for thunder hammer) With re-roll 1s?

EDITED I'm wrong here sorry! ->Though I don't think you can get up to str 12 - As per the Designer Commentary you do the x2 first (so now 8) then add modifiers (so up to 10 with Lion and the Wolf and Fury of the Lion). Still good though! But maybe save the Warlord trait for something else unless you need to wound T5 reliably. <-

Does this also mean hitting on 2+ ? (Lion and Wolf gets you to 1+ WS, then -1 for thunder hammer) With re-roll 1s?

Though I don't think you can get up to str 12 - As per the Designer Commentary you do the x2 first (so now 8) then add modifiers (so up to 10 with Lion and the Wolf and Fury of the Lion). Still good though! But maybe save the Warlord trait for something else unless you need to wound T5 reliably. 

Actually, you apply the weapon modifier last, so you do the plus due to Lion and the Wolf, then the Fury of the Lion, and then multiply (see designer commentary)

Ah I was definitely getting confused there! Sorry as you were...strength 12 yep that's good! 

Yea - I had to re-read it a few times to get it right myself.  It just makes the smash captain super-smashy!

Load up with Asmodai and a Deathwing Ancient (give it the Deathwing keyword with the strategem) and your Master now smashes with two more attacks!

Archived