Medics and rockets

WingedHussar88

The instruction manual for the medics on the command squad seems like they are unarmed. Is that true? I wanted to know before I start making the command squad. 

Also since I learned that you can technically make 1 mortar team, one gunner team, and one rocket team with the start collecting box, is it worth making a rocket squad? 

The biggest thing I've run into is that my meta uses the Rule of 3 as a standard practice, so extra heavy weapon teams are just gathering dust. My mortars see a lot of use on their own and in squads, but I have 20 bases and never have a need of them all, let alone more. So my 10 lascannons and piles of missiles just sit there gathering dust unless I'm spicing up a squad or two, but by and large this edition hasn't been kind to heavy weapons teams.

If you have a use for the missiles (likely in squads), I'd make them up. Sadly taken as standalone teams they tend to get exploded very quickly since it only takes 6 wounds to kill the whole unit and there's no ablative options. So just be aware they'll often be a fire magnet.

The biggest thing I've run into is that my meta uses the Rule of 3 as a standard practice, so extra heavy weapon teams are just gathering dust. My mortars see a lot of use on their own and in squads, but I have 20 bases and never have a need of them all, let alone more. So my 10 lascannons and piles of missiles just sit there gathering dust unless I'm spicing up a squad or two, but by and large this edition hasn't been kind to heavy weapons teams.

If you have a use for the missiles (likely in squads), I'd make them up. Sadly taken as standalone teams they tend to get exploded very quickly since it only takes 6 wounds to kill the whole unit and there's no ablative options. So just be aware they'll often be a fire magnet.

Ya I keep hearing that rocket launchers aren't that great. I only ask since I am getting 3 start my collection boxes and was wondering if it was worth inserting those rockets into my squads.

Archived