=] Get your bitz in order [=

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_10069_270757.png

It's that time again, a new challenge awaits!

I ran a poll to see where the interests of the Frater lay, and there was two clear preferences,

gallery_48988_10069_54351.png

I've decided that by doing Duels and Dioramas, we can incorporate both preferences, as Recreated Named Characters can be fit into the "Dioramas" half of the Challenge.

RULES:

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- There's two options for the bases;

---> Scratch built base, no additional requirements.

---> Purchased base, if you choose to buy a sculpted base, your Duel/Diorama will need to be accompanied with a small fluff piece centred on the Duel/Diorama.

3-A: Duels and Dioramas: Minimum two models, 60mm base minimum.

3-B: Diorama/Recreate Character: Provided base minimum (but I'd love to see some FW-style base-in-base style larger bases). Any Character from any Ed. of 40k based game (Necromunda etc) will be acceptable.

3-C: Counts-As submissions are acceptable, but must also conform to WYSIWYG for the rules used.

4-A: Maximum of 25% from existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:
---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Torso- 25%
---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.

4-B: If recreating a Named Character, you cannot use any pieces from the original model.
5- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt.

6- No unit type restrictions, get creative.
7- 2 calendar month build time, October 1st 2018 til December 2nd 2018, this guarantees everyone gets the full 2 months.
8- Multiple entries per user.
9- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start. You may declare Participation at any stage of the event from Oct 1st to midnight Nov 30th 2018.

10- If this challenge doesn't catch your fancy, all previous challenges may be declared and completed within the time frame of this event, entitling you to those challenge specific banners and pips.

If anyone needs clarification, or has any questions, please ask :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jono

Just to clarify, a named character is just your version using the rules for a certain character and not just redressing the character in it’s original form right?

Example: you want to use Guilliman, use SM rules for your army, but hate Ultramarines and build a DIY instead using their rules. Your Guilliman build would be for your army to use as a “counts as” character.

Am I correct in my assumption this would be legal? As I currently read it, I would currently only be able to enter a reimagined Guilliman that is from the Ultramarines.

I have a Space Wolves character in mind because I play using the rules to break up play every now and again, but I don’t have a traditional Space Wolves army ( build scheme or colors).

Which is right? Or are both acceptable?

Just to clarify, a named character is just your version using the rules for a certain character and not just redressing the character in it’s original form right?

Example: you want to use Guilliman, use SM rules for your army, but hate Ultramarines and build a DIY instead using their rules. Your Guilliman build would be for your army to use as a “counts as” character.

Am I correct in my assumption this would be legal? As I currently read it, I would currently only be able to enter a reimagined Guilliman that is from the Ultramarines.

I have a Space Wolves character in mind because I play using the rules to break up play every now and again, but I don’t have a traditional Space Wolves army ( build scheme or colors).

Yeah, this is quite interesting to me.

Though that being said, the 'counts-as' character I made is automatically disqualified because I used parts from the original kit :laugh.: (and its also finished and primed :laugh.:)

I will be edit to be more clear, but yes a Count-As approach is acceptable, as is re-creating the character.

To use your Guilliman example, if you want to build Guilliman of the Ultramarines, you would need to create a WYSIWYG model that conforms to Guillimans wargear and Chapter insignia. If however, you'd like to do Primarch Bob of the 2nd Legion, aesthetically, he can appear however you like, but he must have Guilliman's WYSIWYG wargear.

Your third option is (for the purposes of the challenge) to add a second model to the base, call it a Duel or Diorama and WYSIWYG be damned.

These events are all about getting creativity flowing without trying to hinder your preferred end result. From a Rules perspective, the Participation and Completion banners and pips will be available to everyone whether or not they follow the rules, but only models that conform to the rules will be eligible to selected as the Challenge Favourite.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived