Seeking advice

Strata

So i have a question for those of you in the blood angels community. Im giving thought to starting work on some blood angels, and currently i have around 20 mk3 marines that are half built, just waiting arms and heads. What im trying to figure out though is how to give the rather.. plain looking armor more embellishment to befit the blood angels. Aside from sculpted shoulders, what else is avalable to us?

Options - can you get the BA helmet or shoulderpad upgrade sets any more? No point in using the BA chestpads as you've already built the bodies. I cant remember if they've already gone last chane to buy or no. Sprinkle a few of them through your squads for basic troops ought to do.

Greenstuffing BA blood drops onto legs/shoulders/bolters is pretty easy and can give a more angel-y.

Failing that, just with painting you could try freehanding fancier blood droops etc.

Options - can you get the BA helmet or shoulderpad upgrade sets any more? No point in using the BA chestpads as you've already built the bodies. I cant remember if they've already gone last chane to buy or no. Sprinkle a few of them through your squads for basic troops ought to do.

Greenstuffing BA blood drops onto legs/shoulders/bolters is pretty easy and can give a more angel-y.

Failing that, just with painting you could try freehanding fancier blood droops etc.

Yes, you can still get the helmet upgrade from Forgeworld, however these are Mkiv so won't really look right with the Mkiii. You can also still get Mkiii shoulder pads but Strata asked other than the shoulder pads what else is available so he knows they are available.

Strata, as Leonaides suggested, sculpting little Blood Angels icons from Green stuff is probably best. Blood drops are fairly easy. You could also look at press moulding some other Blood Angel icons if you get hold of any other BA specific kits.

Also the Forgeworld BA decal sheet has a lot of small transfers that can be added. The small black winged blood drop chapter symbol would look great on the chest piece. But bear in mind if using the two handed bolters most of the chest is covered so you wouldn't see much of it.

Archived