Ultramarine Knight C + C appreciated

Subtleknife

Recently finished this knight. The folks at Warhammer World got a nice pic of it so I thought I would post it to see what people think. Basically it is supposed to be a knight sworn to serve the Ultramarines and they let him use their colours because they are bros. I used the same scheme as I do with my Ultramarine 2nd Coy (in the very early stages of development). If people want more angles let me know.

44506943_2193932443959557_14419881065961

• 2 weeks later...

That’s so well painted! It’s great to see a Knight in Legion colours as I’m repainting mine to go with my Word Bearers.

Two criticisms though:

1. There is only one photo (would love to see more angles) ;)

2. The transfers on the shield bug me a little. Don’t get me wrong, they are amazingly well done and I get that the shield is an odd shape, but they are really off centre. If I was to do it, I would have put the U in the bottom half so it can fit centrally, then the smaller ones I’m the top where there is less space - I think that’s just a personal thing though and doesn’t take anything away from the model at all. It’s probably trivial to even mention it so sorry to bring it up.

Really nice Knight, love your blended blue.

CnC: the barbed wire seems far too big, the coils look out of scale to stop infantry. Maybe just too loose, not sure what I find wrong with it.

Not to detract from the fantastic work though.

Is the gold NMM? If so, even so it’s really well done, the basic grey metal is smooth and realistic too.

All round great job.

Archived