Wolfspear Chapter Colour Scheme Now Canon?

Wraithwing

I thought Guy Haley was a part of the 'eavy Metal painting crew.

So, yes.

Also, it is a pretty solid paint scheme. It both honors the Wolves while also in a way that I find rather poignant: the light grey is similar, but not the same to the Heresy and current Sky Blue colors. It also adds an interesting new direction with the darker grey being anything besides the torso.

I for one like the idea, and Guy Haley appears to be in love with this scheme too.

Edit: words, words are hard...

I wonder if we are going to have actual successors now, instead of just lost companies. If so how are they going to overcome the "only Fenrisian recruits" issue. It might be something simple as 'Primaris fix everything" although I hope not. Even the current Primaris came from Fenris.

If so, then I'll be happy as my lost company will be able to fit into the lore in a way.

Not sold on the scheme, it's hard to make traditional grey look like any other than unpainted plastic without either quality shading/highlighting or zenithal highlights.

Curious to see the background development of a successor chapter though.

Not sold on the scheme, it's hard to make traditional grey look like any other than unpainted plastic without either quality shading/highlighting or zenithal highlights.

well it's not the scheme's fault that you're quitting on your miniature painting after only getting a third of the way through. 

Yeah the codex mentions that the blood claws start fights with the Primaris because they weren't from fenris.

I tend to look at Cawl more like a CEO who takes credit for everything his underlings accomplished it makes the fluff make more sense

It is a cool paint scheme

I read somewhere cawl has multiple clones of himself so he could even be getting credit for their (his?) work

well it's not the scheme's fault that you're quitting on your miniature painting after only getting a third of the way through. 

I dont want to speak for him but i read that as a critique on the example pics, which I agree look pretty flat.

I dont want to speak for him but i read that as a critique on the example pics, which I agree look pretty flat.

That's pretty much what I was getting at Petey. I'd need to see someone go the whole nine yards on the scheme before I was sold on it. I'm not having a go at the guy that did the mini - just that the bland nature of the scheme needs extra attention to make it pop. 

I used a drab grey and brown scheme on some IG stuff, and found that even a simple edge highlight and wash can give grey some depth:

OgrynBGtwo.jpg

-Ran

Archived