Can Company / Platoon Commanders order themselves?

Wassa

I realise that this isn't the most efficient use of an order, but can it be done?

(in case you wondered I'm thinking of Valk dropping a platoon commander on the relic and move/advance and another "move move move" move and advance back and surrounding the character in bodies so he can't be shot/assaulted easily).

Yes he can and in the case of Company commanders Move Move Move on a unit then on himself is often the most efficient choice when making the sprint for objectives in turn 4/5.

Can also get your Warlord out of trouble when something nasty has deepstruck nearby - moving an average of 17" outdistances most threats (not all but most) - this one has won me a game recently.

As domsto said, yes they can

Its been a while since I played the relic

I thought you could only move 6" a turn with it?

The relic might be per phase. In which case, move move move works since it is shooting phase. But I am not sure, haven't played relic on ages

I've always played it that they can but I still love catching people out when I run 2 tempestor primes with powerfists charge them into the enemy and then order each other to fix bayonets in the shooting phase..... Beat a world eaters chaos lord to death in my last game :wink:

I'm afraid you have misread the rules, the charge phase comes after the shooting phase. So what you are doing unfortunately, is cheating ;) 

Archived