Leman Russ Inquiry

Aothaine

I'm thinking about building an Astra Militarum army up in the future and I'm currently leaning toward Valhallans for the ability to count all my vehicles as double their wounds for their current profile.  I'm thinking of building the Leman Russ Tanks out with the tri-plasma cannons and a heavy bolter. So I will have three of those tanks and a fourth setup as the commander in Leman Russ with the same setup. I want to give them all augur arrays as well to try and prevent at least on to-hit roll of a 1 on each of them. I'm planning on having at least two tech priests and a Hellhammer decked out with four lascannon, twin-heavy bolter sponsons. 

The army is built around the four tanks and they can deal out a beating. But I'm having troubles identifying if the Leman Russ kit even comes with the plasma cannon main gun and if it comes with two plasma cannons for the sponsons. Anyone know if it does or where I can get them?

I'm also looking to greenstuff onto cadian models so I can get the Valhallan look. The hats seem pretty straight forward and then I just need to green stuff a cloak. Anyone know if this will be allowed in a tournament if I decided to build this army up more?

Thank you in advance!

Elmo has done some great magnetising tutorials and the Demolisher variant is the easier kit to magentise :D

Also the augur is expensive for a once per game ability ... youre better off making them tank commanders to just give themselves re rolls ;) :tu:

Elmo has done some great magnetising tutorials and the Demolisher variant is the easier kit to magentise :biggrin.:

Also the augur is expensive for a once per game ability ... youre better off making them tank commanders to just give themselves re rolls :wink::thumbsup:

Yeah, still thinking about how I want to build the list. Tanks are expensive points wise and I'm still trying to decide if I want the Hellhammer at all or if I want to reinvest those points into 3 more Leman Russ tanks. But the Hellhammer has a massive output of fire and is a focus fire magnet.

I feel ya! I really want a Hellhammer in my list but they're so much more expensive especially compared to the Shadowsword which is more effective in a Knight meta... :ermm:

If youre not playing tournaments then you'll probably be alright to have your cake and eat it too! ^_^

Shadowsword with 10 heavy bolters and 4 lascannons is a great use of points. Either way you decide you should get a super heavy eventually just because of how awesome the kit is, how great they look on the table, and how much fun they can be to play.

Archived