Crush Them! vs a Culexus Assassin?

Diagramdude

Culexus Assassin's Etherium: "Each time an enemy model attacks this model, the attacks are resolved as if the the attacker had a BS/WS of 6+"

Crush Them! Stratagem: "In the following Fight phase, attacks made by this unit hit on a 2+"

Which takes precedence? Do I hit on 2's or 6's?

You would hit on a 2+ as Crush Them! doesn't take the Weapon Skill of the target unit into account. Etherium still lowers the unit to WS 6+ but Crush Them! allows them to hit on a 2+ anyway.

A similar interaction was addressed on the last page of the Index: Imperium 2 errata with Dark Reapers' Inescapable Accuracy rule (causing them to always hit on a 3+).

You would hit on a 2+ as Crush Them! doesn't take the Weapon Skill of the target unit into account. Etherium still lowers the unit to WS 6+ but Crush Them! allows them to hit on a 2+ anyway.

A similar interaction was addressed on the last page of the Index: Imperium 2 errata with Dark Reapers' Inescapable Accuracy rule (causing them to always hit on a 3+).

I’ll 2nd this. It doesn’t say “you’re WS 2+” it’s “always hit on a 2+”.

Interesting concept I’d never thought to use.

Agreed. WS 6+ or WS 5+ (the default) don't matter when you've a rule that says (basically) "hits on 2+."

Archived