Hope for Dorn?

templargdt

So, I'm trying to summon the energy that my children somehow drain out of me to finish my Oath for Knightfall (thank the Lord for the extension) and I saw that the Imperial Fists are getting a battleforce for Christmas, complete with a new upgrade sprue (for Primaris, of course.)  It looks like the sprue includes a Primaris powerfist which... I actually like as an option.

Anyway, sign of Dorn inbound?  Any hope he would give bonuses to Templars as well, not just Imperial Fists?  What say you?

I was in the middle of kitbashing my very own Roogle Doogle when I found out about the imperial fist upgrade kit. I was going to make him in Templar colors with weapons that let me run him as Guilliman. But now I think I'm going to wait a while to see if he comes back officially. I hope he does.

What weapons would he most likely have? Doesn't he have a special Bolter and a giant chainsword?

The Forge World version has a giant chainsword and boltgun, yes.  I've never played 30K but I'm sure like all the Primarchs he's quite powerful.  

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Rogal-Dorn-Primarch-of-the-Imperial-Fists-Legion-2018

Personally, I hate the pose of the model.  

If I had all the time and money in the world, I would have built a Heresy Imperial Fists/Templars army.  As it is I have an entire Tau and Admech force that is in various stages of not-painted and has been for several years.  It's a real shame as I would have really liked to have the army, but it seems with Alan Bligh's death and the change to 8th edition 30K has really hit the skids. 

I was in the middle of kitbashing my very own Roogle Doogle when I found out about the imperial fist upgrade kit. I was going to make him in Templar colors with weapons that let me run him as Guilliman. But now I think I'm going to wait a while to see if he comes back officially. I hope he does.

What weapons would he most likely have? Doesn't he have a special Bolter and a giant chainsword?

But Guillyman is very different if you look at the FW model - including new background story. It seems to me that Dorn would be changed if he comes back, he passed 9000 years!

The Forge World version has a giant chainsword and boltgun, yes.  I've never played 30K but I'm sure like all the Primarchs he's quite powerful.  

Personally, I hate the pose of the model.  

If I had all the time and money in the world, I would have built a Heresy Imperial Fists/Templars army.  As it is I have an entire Tau and Admech force that is in various stages of not-painted and has been for several years.  It's a real shame as I would have really liked to have the army, but it seems with Alan Bligh's death and the change to 8th edition 30K has really hit the skids. 

From what I've seen, 30k-wise, he's middle of the road. Not super OP, but not bad at all. A good all-rounder.

As to the pose: It's not that hard to change. This repose was done by someone in The Last Wall bookface group, was made to mirror his pose on Praetorian of Dorn.

K8Eq1VA.jpg

5a486cb1738c01d08468d758b1bd11e8.jpg

But Guillyman is very different if you look at the FW model - including new background story. It seems to me that Dorn would be changed if he comes back, he passed 9000 years!

Guilliman still has a similar loadout in 40k to his 30k iteration: Sword, Power Fist and bolt-weapon (heavy bolter now instead of a normal bolter). Same exact power fist actually :laugh.:. So Dorn should, logically, follow that same thing. And unlike Bobby G, his equipment was never removed from his person.

He probably dropped one of his weapons at some point. He did lose a hand...

I believe the sword of sebastus was the one he was wielding after he broke his sword for failing the Emperor so they probably recovered Sebastus from the sword of sacrilege.

As with all brothers of IF bloodline, I too hope to see a return of Dorn. I won't down the thread with a lot of negativity, but it's a guarded hope. Absolute worst-case scenario, I'll settle for the love from FW with the model. IMO, it's an amazing sculpt as is, and definitely fits the character of our Primarch as described in HH literature. The above conversions do look wonderful, though.

Archived