Greenz'z Blighted Devourers

Greenz

The Blighted Devourers are a Death Guard warband of the 5th Plague Company. They were created by Mortarion as an experiment, infusing geneseed taken from the Blood Angels and their various successors, with the virulent Sanguous Flux. The results were a savage and aggressive, yet often unpredictable, new breed of warriors.

Due to the Sanguous Flux, the Devourers wounds are constantly dripping with their half clotted blood, as their wounds never fully heal. Therefor the Devourers need to feed on the blood and flesh of fresh victims, in order to replenish their constantly draining liquids and decaying flesh. It is quite common to find these warriors draping fresh skin from their victims across their armour, though it is unknown if this is to sow fear in the enemy, or to be consumed at a later time. Or both. Though hailing from the Death Guard, the Blighted Devourers carry with them several traits normally attributed to the Blood Angels, the most notable being variations of the Red Thirst, and the Black Rage. Be it a low ranked soldier, or an aspiring lord, none of the Blighted Devourers are able to avoid the Thirst, especially in combat. Frequently their slow advance needs to pause while they stop and drain the dead and dying of their blood. Any opponent is a fool to believe this is a reprieve, for like any force of the Death Guard, the viruses they carry will continue to spread and kill in their wake.

There is, however, a certain dichotomy that has spread through the Blighted Devourers. The core of this warband is held together by the strongest of them. Those well fed on blood and flesh, and bloated not just from virus and disease, but from their overindulgence. Then there are those who have been afflicted with the Blood Rage. These unfortunate souls teeter on the brink of insanity. Gaunt and half starved, clad in mismatched marks of armour, they are viewed as little more than mongrels to the stronger of the Devourers. Yet they are undeniably just as dangerous as their "healthier" brethren. Thriving on sowing fear and confusion in the enemy, these degenerates are covered head to toe in skins, skulls and fetishes of fallen foes. They often employ sick games with the enemy, all to drive their prey into a frenzy of fear. Quite abnormal for a force hailing from the Death Guard, these insane Devourers are capable of sudden brutal ambushes or unconventional attacks.

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by and checking out my thread about my Blighted Devourers, a cross between Death Guard and Blood Angels. Diseased, vampiric soldiers, determined to bring the Imperium to its knees. And theyre red... which Im really having a hard time wrapping my head around :unsure.: Some of you might remember, I tried to build a Slaaneshi army earlier in the year, but that kind of fell flat on its face, for numerous reasons. Then I finally fell to Nurgles embrace, and havent looked back since. I have a rather hefty plan for these guys, which hopefully I can see to completion. The first part of this project will follow the force that uses the DG book, the more typical Nurgle marine. The second half will be the mongrels, which will consist of kit bashing all different marks of armour, to create a ramshackle appearance. These guys will probably use Night Lords traits or possibly Black Legion.

Anyways, here are pics of my plaguecaster and first plague marine squad

med_gallery_71758_14318_97082.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_124536.jpg

This guy was actually quite a pain to pull off, that right arm did not want to line up properly. But in the end, Im pretty happy with it. The first time I saw pics of this model, I had it in my head that I wanted to see him cutting open his distended belly and releasing all that foulness thats building up

.med_gallery_71758_14318_74550.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_64815.jpg

Unit champion, running a guardsman through with his plague sword

med_gallery_71758_14318_33096.jpg

med_gallery_71758_14318_100053.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_128661.jpg

Blight Launchers

med_gallery_71758_14318_90284.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_16349.jpg

Its hard to see in these pics, but theres a tentacle from his belly to the guardsmans neck, presumably sucking the blood out. Or so we hope thats all...

med_gallery_71758_14318_3659.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_162085.jpg

med_gallery_71758_14318_138381.jpgmed_gallery_71758_14318_22620.jpg

Thanks for looking! C &C is always welcome, though these guys have already been primed and base coats applied, so any critiques will get pushed over to the next squad.

Archived