Partial Inches

Wassa

So the Leman Russ allows you to move 10" and fire once, or <5" it can fire twice.

Similarly, the Valkyries Grav Chute Insertion negative effect of killing a model on a 1 only occurs if they move >=20".

A bit gamey, but I can therefore move the LR 4.9" and benefit from two shots, and the Valkyrie 19.9" without any problems? Has anyone had any issues with this?

It's not gamey, it's the rules :P If you moved less than half you can fire twice - how much less is irrelevant whether 4.9" or 1" :) If you want to be sure, when moving confirm with your opponent explaining the distance moved, and what bonus you're getting as a result :tu:

Certainly! 

I normally say to my opponents with the LR's they are moving just less than 5" so as to gain double shooting
I try to limit it to 4.5" personally to avoid potential complainants, if I need any more than that 0.4" probably won't make a difference either

Similarly with the Valk you can do it, but now you have to enter hover mode to avoid the >20" requirement. Pre-FAQ you could move them <21" and still be flying

Ohwell ;) 

I’ve never really understood why the grinding advance rule doesn’t just say ‘move up to half their maximum speed’ as the effect is the same and it doesn’t create any confusion :)

One reason it may be worded that way is to allow it to fire twice even when damaged. Otherwise it would crippled in movement, fire at poor BS and only fire once if it moved basically at all.

Archived