Blood Angels iconography, markings and honorifics

apologist

While working on my retro-inspired Blood Angels, I've been keeping an eye out for honorifics and so forth to help personalise my marines. To give you an idea of what I'm after; here's a picture of a partial squad:

d.jpg

The honorifics I've added are the knee and shin decorations on the two rightmost figures. Fairly simple, and I wondered if you've spotted any mentioned in background, or that pop up in artwork? 

Grails, blooddrops, eagles etc. are common devices; and white, yellow, black and blue seem to crop up. Anything you personally think would be particular appropriate (or inappropriate, for that matter) for these honorifics?

I'd say that as far as honorifics go, the sky is the limit. 
Blood-drops, tear-drops, wings, eagles, swords, cups/chalices, stars, halos, geometrical figures, stripes, chains, heraldic animals,... you name it.
As for colors, BA also have green in their heraldic palette. And purple/pink looks really nice too.

Codex: Angels of death has a decent section on Blood Angels markings.

Some images are here:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/141230138290397301/?lp=true

Look to normal heraldic devices and apply them to models.

Your squad leader/non veteran sergeant has company markings for the third company, however the Bar Or on red field is (reversed) 4th company marking. 3rd Co is diagonal red stripe on yellow field, as per tycho. 

Typical of BA are dags, checks, black flames on the greaves. 

Check out my plog for BA with a lot of personalisation. 

Archived