The inevitable Primaris Dante

Jorre

8 hours ago, happyslugger said:

I didn't buy the dice as I have two boxes / tubs of the previous BA dice (red / black / gold ones).

But..... DICE!

Yes I have piles of dice shame to go with my piles of plastic shame :thumbsup:

Forgot to put that I picked up Dante and the dice :yes:

Edited by Vardus

35 minutes ago, Vardus said:

But..... DICE!

Yes I have piles of dice shame to go with my piles of plastic shame :thumbsup:

Forgot to put that I picked up Dante and the dice :yes:

No, I like you have plenty of dice to go with armies. It's another addiction I'm trying to curb lol.  Thousand sons dice, death guard dice, tau, necron, grey knights, deamon dice, it just gets too much lol.

I only played what, 7-9 games in this edition....so I've barely rolled any dice lol which makes it even worse. 

Edited by happyslugger

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

Yeah I noticed that too, it was definitely white in devastation of Baal 

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Valrak did a spoiler video, and I’m not spoiling any thing important but Dante is now described as having black hair with streaks of gray so either an inconsistency or he’s primaris when he meets the lion

At the end of Dante he rejuvenated. So I imagine it’s an effect of that.

Probably had a bit more blood.

Edited by Arkangilos

I haven't read any of the AoO books or the Lion but given that GW didn't release any information on how Dante got to be Primaris when they released him, and we know the release was early, I expect that his crossing of the Rubicon is related to AoO and Lion books, and wasn't to be announced until after they had come out and the question was being raised of what next for BA/Imperium/Dante just pre-10th.

From bits I've been hearing here and there, regarding AoO and Son of the Forest:

Spoiler

(Not specifically spoilers but in case anyone is trying to go clean into AoO or Son of the Forest) I'm getting the impression that he's not Primaris during AoO or Son of the Forest, but has had rejuvenation / been quaffing blood post DoB, as he needed it to stand up to the pressures of healing and being appointed Regent. My headcanon is, until confirmed otherwise, that Dante slurped the red and we see him in Son of the Forest (which I think is set before AoO), and we see him fully capable and ready to go throughout Son of the Forest, then at the end of AoO we see him go up against a certain large Khornate fellow and get a (heroic but inevitable) beating that leads into an upcoming lore release about him going Primaris to face the new threat level. 

Anyway... I think some lore will drop shortly about how Dante got to be Primaris, and it's only due to the slightly messed up release schedule that we haven't quite got it yet. 

20 minutes ago, Not An Ork said:

Hide contents

(Not specifically spoilers but in case anyone is trying to go clean into AoO or Son of the Forest) I'm getting the impression that he's not Primaris during AoO or Son of the Forest, but has had rejuvenation / been quaffing blood post DoB, as he needed it to stand up to the pressures of healing and being appointed Regent. My headcanon is, until confirmed otherwise, that Dante slurped the red and we see him in Son of the Forest (which I think is set before AoO), and we see him fully capable and ready to go throughout Son of the Forest, then at the end of AoO we see him go up against a certain large Khornate fellow and get a (heroic but inevitable) beating that leads into an upcoming lore release about him going Primaris to face the new threat level. 

Spoiler

The model images in the AoO book have the new model, so he was for sure meant to be part of AoO.

It does feel a bit all over the place for him, though in thew new Lion novel the Lion doesn't know what to make of the primaris initially, it's not called out one way or another for Dante in the scene from what I've seen though.

all we know:

• during darkness in the blood, he is specifically not healing
  • during darkness in the blood, he wishes to cross the rubicon, but is told he cannot and mephiston does instead
  • new model is wearing mkX artificer armour.
  • warcom article states he crossed the rubicon.
  • announcement trailer has him be reborn with new strength, presumably referring to the rubicon.
  • the AoO book features the new model for all scenes - suggesting he has crossed the rubicon already.
  • the end of his role in the new AoO book has him get struck down by Angron no less - a perfect excuse for him to cross the rubicon, as you say.

I'm personally really hoping it gets covered in a codex update at minimum, ideally I'd like another Guy Haley blood angel novel though.

Nope

Dante has always had black hair gone white with age 

And it didn't change when he fed again before the Devestation of Baal, so it'll probably be tied back to crossing the Rubicon.

Though tbf it would take *years* to grow hair down past your shoulder blades, so they could just claim it started growing back in black afterwards and it wasn't noticeable till after the time skip

People might have been mixing up Sanguinius with that one book that decided to give him black hair for an unknown reason. The Angel has blond hair though, so I think the community has just collectively decided Sanguinius dyed his hair black in that novel

Devastation of Baal:

Though Dante was less weary than he had been during the Cryptus campaign he still rarely showed his face, with good reason. His aged appearance was shocking to those unaccustomed to it. His skin was losing the leatheriness that ancient Space Marines developed, and becoming thin. His cheeks were loose on his skull. Wattles hung beneath his chin and his golden hair had become fine and white.

Dante:

Dante knew it well. His golden hair had turned as white as the Sanguinor’s wings.

Edited by Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

4 hours ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Devastation of Baal:

Though Dante was less weary than he had been during the Cryptus campaign he still rarely showed his face, with good reason. His aged appearance was shocking to those unaccustomed to it. His skin was losing the leatheriness that ancient Space Marines developed, and becoming thin. His cheeks were loose on his skull. Wattles hung beneath his chin and his golden hair had become fine and white.

Dante:

Dante knew it well. His golden hair had turned as white as the Sanguinor’s wings.

That’s easy to explain. It’s been so long since it turned white that everyone thinks it was gold, and he forgot what color it was. 

Totally common whoopsie moment from Dante.

Tbf, it was never written as black till now, it appeared as black in blood quest though, but almost every blood angel has black hair in that to be fair.

id actually probably go with guys description being the canon one because his books are the definitive story of Dante’s life.

25 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Tbf, it was never written as black till now, it appeared as black in blood quest though, but almost every blood angel has black hair in that to be fair.

id actually probably go with guys description being the canon one because his books are the definitive story of Dante’s life.

Wait, not so fast. I've just checked Darkness in Blood:

The wind was rising with the sun. Dante’s black hair blew out around his head.

Swallow mentions only his "current" gray colour, but we don't talk about Swallow.

Its almost like 40k canon is written by dozens of authors who only vaguely keep up with other people's inclusions, Lol.

A few years ago when torrents were easier to come by (broke college student after all) and Black Library's rate of releases was a lot slower I could confidently say that I read almost every novel that came out, not a chance in hell I could do that now even if I wanted too, even as fast as I can devour a novel. (For comparisons sake, I can read the Hobbit+Main trilogy of the LoTR in under 11 hours start to finish, because I did it once on a long car ride) So it doesn't surprise me that BL own authors can't keep track of minor details.