eldar conundrum

noigrim

I'm having problems with eldars.

The lance bikes hit me hard at hth and the ld bomb deals me lots of mw.

I'm thinking on bringing santuary+ion bulwark and benevolence of the omnissiah to counter a bit.

Shinning Spears (the bikes) are only S6 on the charge*... if you charge them they are S3 (ok still -4 AP 2 Damage)... whilst they are bikes with fly means that if they fall back they can shoot they cannt then charge without a stratagem.... plus their invun is against ranged only (& yes that still included pistols if you are locked in combat!)

For the Ld bomb are you talking about warlocks /spirtseer lowering your leadership /buffing the farseers, then the farseer casting Mind War?  If so remember mind war can only target characters, and does MW to the difference of your score and theirs.  and can only be attempted once per turn.

Generally against craftworlds... volume of low S fire as they are mainly T3 /4 hurts

*Yes they have to charge to get the strength bonus, consolidation & Heroic Intervention dont count

edit - actually not sure on the consolidation part :ermm:

Icarus Array Onagers.

Take 2-3.

Watch speedy bikes go bye bye.

Can move 8" with no modifier to their shooting, so easier to get line of site on pesky speedy elves.

Pretty much always hitting on 2s, even when eldar have -1 to hit, you are getting +1 against fly, and further +1 where needed from data tether/strategem.

I'm just bringing a knight so maybe don't make him characther to avoid mind war but then the bikes may charge me without sanctuary

not so much of a problem anymore as the bikes cant fly over any infantry in the way.... put a screen of chaff (10+ strong) 4" in front of the knight so the eldar have to shoot the chaff off the table before they can charge the knight.

List is

Crusader/castwllan depending on points

Militarum batallion 6 inf 3 hssqd 2 comp cmd 1 primaris psyker

Wofs liutenant and three devastators

Guard can act as chaff

Not sure about the wofs since the bike megasquad moves twice and then charges probably some custodes bikes would be better?

If your running the crusader just have an icras cannon on top and don't character it, you'll have the CP to ion shield when needed.

If doing the castellan I can see why just making it a character and adding ion bulwark is kind of needed. In that case since you have a psycher just use him to try and deny the mind war.

The infantry can bubble wrap the knight against the spears or just mark them a priority target with your gatling if using the crusader or the siege cannons for the castellan.

Also keep the strat that gives the knight a 5+ vs MW on hand to use.

But to be honest the easiest way around the mind war combo is just run the crusader and not make it a character.

Archived