Damaged Servo Skull base decoration bit

Battybattybats

In case you've not been following the Blackstone Fortress release in detail, there's one tiny part that i think some Mechanicus hobbyists might want to be made aware of that's not the 'Imperial Robot'.

There's a little piece of base decoration that comes on the sprue of the Chaos Marine character, a small piece that plugs into a hole on his base.

It's a damaged/destroyed Servo-skull.

60010699015_ENGBlackstoneFortress04.jpg

Now this little bit of base decoration will be quite perfect for many to make into an Objective Marker (that's the likely fate of mine, having got the set the other day), where it might contain invaluable data or be the repairable remnants of an important Magos etc. I'm sure it will end up used in a variety of ways to decorate both Heretek or Mechanicus Assassin etc. There was even the artwork in the 8th ed rulebook of someone appearing to intercept and hunt passing Servo Skulls.

It's such a characterful little bit and will be hard for many not getting Blackstone Fortress to obtain unless the character is released separately later (he's own his own sprue, with the servoskull bit, so it's possible) so i thought it worth pointing out to people. So if you aren't getting the set yourself and have a friend who is who might be willing to trade something for the bit perhaps get in contact with them swiftly before it gets glued in place and painted.

Good spot! Owing to the angle of the trailing cable, the damaged servo-skull might also work nicely to attach beneath a Magos' left arm – the cable attaching to a belt or armpit.

Thanks for starting up this topic – if you don't mind, could we expand its scope to other cool incidentals? The Thousand Son casualties from the Space Wolf Thunderwolf kits are similarly fun; as is the dead marine under the Primaris apothecary's boot. This latter one converts up well, with a bit of filling on the chest:

e.jpg

There's also a great dead (or at least seriously inconvenienced) Terminator on the Maleceptor kit.

I'm looking forward to the previewed jump pack Chaos Lord from Vigilus; not for the model, but for the dead marine on the base! If anyone's planning not to use this bit, please let me know :smile.:

Archived