Considering: Adequate Screening Numbers

Trickstick

" or just go all out and make an armoured battle group instead. "

I am leaning towards something like this:

Shadowsword w/4 sponsons, 3 Russes probably most w/sponsons, some big artillery (manticore and/or basilisk), a taurox prime with gatling cannon and hot-shot volley guns, maybe a wyvern, some tech priests, psykers, and 3 infantry squads. Add toys as points permit. Its kinda hit-or-miss, but depending on traits and what kind of detachments you form out of something like this its can be very good and quite fun!

Just a note there, the Taurox Prime would need some other Scion unit in your list so you can select it as a dedicated transport I believe.

I like to run armoured lists and I find too much infantry very cumbersome. So I rarely bring more than 6.

My current list has 4 squads, but also includes 3 Armoured Sentinels in the Tallarn brigade as well as 2 Hellhounds and 1 Banewolf. They're in a Catachan Outrider.

Played with 40 the other day and even though the Infantry were largely ignored I still felt vulnerable. Went for a fun list with Tanks and Dreads all over but still...

If I build a list I normally start with 6 squads, that's also all I have built coincidentally. I'll have some Conscripts / Genestealer cultists soon (a mining theme ties together my Guard, terrain and GSC's) so might use a big blob of 30 when they're done. I've never used them before but I'd feel better with them as a buffer for my Tanks I think.

I never want to take more than 60 Infantry because I find moving them and rolling the dice for little actually effect a bit dull personally, but if they're focused on with appropriate weapons for even 1 turn they tend to disappear...

Now, I'm just a valhallan player here but my general personal ratio is at least 10 infantry per vehicle including commanders and special weapons squads. That usually gives me enough to spread out and area deny before enough move up with the assault vehicles (hellhounds) that they tend to break most other infantry front lines

Archived