I'm back..

appiah4

Two years ago we've had an initiate join our family and as the Chaplain I had to focus full time on my training duties..  Two years later, I believe I've done a better than average job of it, considering I've also saved my wife from falling to the Black Rage on those hopeless nights.

It feels great to have a brush in my hands again, though I've found my dozens of craft paint bottles to have gone irrecoverably dry so starting to paint took some restocking.  I've settled on using Vallejo Game and Model color ranges for paints and Army Painter for washes from now on; I decided I didn't have the time to horse around with making craft paint work anymore.  I mean, I think I did a fair job of it (not as good as From The Warp or anything, but still) but the little precious free time I have deserves better tools from now on.

Anyway, there are good news and bad.  The good news is that my BA pile of shame is LONG, so that means I have a crap ton of stuff to pain all the way from 2e to 7e, so red marines will definitely show up on here again.  I am actually working on a BA Land Speeder at the moment, for example.

The bad news is that with the new lore and the way the game has taken a turn I really do not feel like painting BA anymore.  The whole Primaris thing has left a sour taste in my mouth and I do not look forward to the Primaris-ization of BA heroes and units, I feel like BA to me are an army better left as they were at the end of 7e..

That means majority of my painting time will now be dedicated to my Imperial Fists (I wanted to do Mantis Warriors but my wife insisted on it.. She's a secret sadist I think..) *gasp* Primaris army..

I missed this forum though, and will have a lot of catching up to do in the months ahead.  I hope I have some painting to share before long.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived