Are Command Squads cheaper now?

Wassa

That's a good question. Battlescribe is still putting them at 6 ppm. I never liked taking a 4 man guard squad anyways as it guarantees your opponent can get first strike or first blood. They might be good with a voxcaster hiding with a commander and mortars. So the hidden commander can issue orders to a mortar squad and an infantry squad.

Yeah it's Battlescribe that's got me confused, it still says 6pts.

Command Squads are in a weird place, would be great if they were given the character keyword so I could finally fly the regimental standard with pride, rather than hide it behind a rock.

Never use Battlescribe as a definitive reference for points. It is a good tool but is simply a labour saving device.

The entry in the Codex points list for command squads is "Command Squad". It wasn't changed in Chapter approved, and is still 6 points. It could be an oversight by GW but that is what it costs for now. I guess paying a premium for command squads could be worth it, as they do have some advantages.

There are other instances of things costing different points in different squads. Heavy weapons squads are slightly cheaper than infantry squad heavy weapon teams, for example.

Archived