A Light In The Darkness; A Tale of Imperium Nihilus

Larkyn

So after a couple of sleeps on it, I've decided to revise this project idea.

Originally I was going to do Emperor's Spears, the novel was amazing, and I loved every single page of it. I love the culture of the Spears, and the story ADB is building behind them.

However, I've never been one for recreating an established faction in my hobby. I've always loved being able to create my own background, my own characters, my own stories.

As such, I'm dashing the Emperor's Spears project

So, I'm reaching out to my fellow B&C'ers, because I've come to a complete stand-still here. I've got several ideas for a Chapter, but I have no idea which one I want to choose.

I'm definitely going to Shapeways for shoulder pad iconography, of which most of these come from plokoone's bits, but some are popgoesthemonkey.

The Vortex Hounds:

UWkcpi.jpg

The Storm Watchers:

8K2mpF.jpg

The Sable Seraphs:

irfcrt.jpg

The Impalers:

fc0mRw.jpg

The Guardian Sentinels:

GKCNr7.jpg

The Gallows Lords:

8Q34bO.jpg

The Emperor's Wards:

4GtWX3.png

The Doom Harbingers:

b1T8gz.jpg

The Dark Heralds:

jpSA1V.jpg

The Crimson Lords:

mFZ3Wt.jpg

The Thunder Stallions:

DkWpo6.png

The Unyielding:

GYKhSu.png

Help me Obi-Wa...Errr...Bolter and Chainsword, you're my only hope.

IMHO, they all bad.  Give me a colour scheme you like for your army and I will come up the suggestions from the existing chapters.

I think you've missed the point. I'm not interested in the existing chapters.

However, I've never been one for recreating an established faction in my hobby. I've always loved being able to create my own background, my own characters, my own stories.

I like the symbol for the Sable Seraphs - brooding but has something noble about it. Plus the winged 'guardian angels of death' thing that is Astartes through and through. It looks like the sort of symbol worn by a Chapter that can't take the burden of their responsibilities seriously enough, no matter what it costs them. I'd start from there, but that's just me, always starting from narrative/background when I start thinking about an army! Depends how much you want to be lead by that though.

IMHO, they all bad.  Give me a colour scheme you like for your army and I will come up the suggestions from the existing chapters.

I think you've missed the point. I'm not interested in the existing chapters.

There is plenty of Chapters that only have icons and colour schemes but if you are bent on copying an existing chapter background with new shoulder insignia as "your own" be my guest.  I see a great future in your project.  Good luck with that.

Whoa there, when did I say I was "copying an existing chapter background"? Yeah sure, originally I was going to make Emperor's Spears, but then I wanted to make my own chapter up. Never once did I say I was going to plagiarize someone else's work. Might wanna avoid putting words in people's mouths mate.

Anyway, on topic, I've slowly been plinking away at intercessors, and tonight I'm gonna start on the redemptor, so I'll have some progress work up soon.

I rather like the Vortex Hounds...…

http://imageshack.com/i/plUWkcpij

It's different and could inspire some interesting chapter fluff and unique tactical style. I even like the colors...… plus who doesn't love a big ol' cuddly war hound:biggrin.:

"CRY 'HAVOC!', and let slip the dogs of war."

Archived