Vanguard Veterans after CA

Zubb

Has anyone some insights how 3++ with 1W compares against 2+ with 2w durability wise, assuming both have the FnP banner around.

(Sure one will be better against small arms fire and vice versa, but some specifics / numbers would be appreciated!)

Ok, so I look the plunge and did pick up two boxes of VV’s, (my poor pile of shame...) and was thinking of making a:

sergeant with relic blade and plasma pistol

2x with power swords and plasma pistols

4x with CS/SS

3 with 2x chainswords.

That makes for a lot of attacks and a few high quality ones just in case I need to crack some heavier infantry or something.

I see a lot of you mention relic blade and storm shield as a combo, which sounds awesome. Is that even legal though? I though relic blades were two-handed.

As per our Codex, it is a legal loadout for a VAS Sergeant (but not a Captain...). With regards to "two-handed" this is no longer a ruling for them in 8th and with the exception of a banner and thunder hammer on Troops, looks don't tend to play a part these days...

I see a lot of you mention relic blade and storm shield as a combo, which sounds awesome. Is that even legal though? I though relic blades were two-handed.

It is legal for Sergeants apparently. Captains seem to carry bigger Relic blades. :D

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was indeed looking at the captain entry and couldn't figure out how you could have that load out. Hopefully it doesn't get errata:d, but I guess in that case the relic blade on the sergeant would simply need to be downgraded to a power sword.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was indeed looking at the captain entry and couldn't figure out how you could have that load out. Hopefully it doesn't get errata:d, but I guess in that case the relic blade on the sergeant would simply need to be downgraded to a power sword.

Even if it gets errata'ed it wouldn't change much. The VV Sergeant has the advantage to be able to benefit from the other Stormshields in the unit while the Captain has no unit to hide behind in melee (and apparently GW doesn't want Primaris bodyguards to use their saves like the DG Deathshrouds can do ...).

Archived