Reserves, post-CA18

Rogue

Hello

I've lost track of the current reserve rules. I think that reserve units can deploy from turn two onwards, anywhere not within 9" of the enemy. No-one can deploy from reserves in turn one (following the FAQ).

Is that the state of play right now, or am I mixing up beta rules, real rules and FAQ amendments?

So reserves can arrive anywhere (outside 9”) from turn two, and own deployment zone in turn one? Or anywhere in turn one as well?

If you use the Beta Rules: Turn Two (9")

If you don't use the Beta Rules: Turn One anywhere (9")

So reserves can arrive anywhere (outside 9”) from turn two, and own deployment zone in turn one? Or anywhere in turn one as well?

Current official rule: Reserves anywhere on the board turn 1-3.

Former Beta rule: Reserves in your deployment zone turn 1 and anywhere on the board turn 2-3.

Current Beta rule: Reserves anywhere on the board turn 2-3.

"Anywhere" always depending on the wording of the reserve rule of the unit. Usually >9" but I think there are some few who are >12" or so and there are special cases that can ignore the >9" rule completely and just potentially land >1" away from the enemy (Crisis Suits using the Stealth Suits Homing Beacon for example).

I hope this clarifies everything.

Thanks everyone. I think it was the double-beta thing that caught me out.

So the turn one in your own deployment thing isn't a thing, because we're either in regular rules (deploy 'anywhere' turns 1-3), or we're in current beta rules (deploy 'anywhere' turns 2-3). That makes sense.

Archived