Vostroyan Made to Order - 25th December

WarriorFish

"a whole range of them will be available for one week only"

A whole range of, or, the whole range of? My money is on the former.

I'm assuming finecast? Metal might have piqued my interest, but resin, meh.

-Ran

Same on the Range, material wise most things from POD have been whatever they were last available in. Not sure what that was for Vostroyans but some IG stuff was still metal.

I don't really think this really needs its own topic, so I am just going to post this here...

I'm looking at getting some Vostroyans as I was sad to see them go OOP last time, but I'm having a hard time deciding on what to get now.  Right now I'm looking at 3 of the platoon boxes, 3 vostroyan firstborn boxes, 2 sets of snipers, and one of each officer.  Does that sound like a decent enough core for an army?  I guess I'm just worried I'm going to miss something after they aren't available any more :sad.:  (especially with how high the prices are on ebay!)

Should do, you've got nine or squads there plus Company Commanders, a bit less if you form up HWS. Once you factor in armour assets for your list, that's a fair sized army.

I've ordered a Platoon Box, 4 Infantry Squads (with HB), 2 Lascannon teams and an Officer with Power Fist - a couple of Tanks and plasma conversions and I'm at 1000 points. That said, for me it's a small stand-alone army or allies for another force.

-Ran

Thats kind of what I was thinking, I'm just not sure if I should pick up some more heavy/special weapons or not.

I guess I'm getting all my infantry out of the way, and I'll pick up some tanks later once my wallet has recovered :tongue.:... Speaking of tanks, I also want to get a couple of carnodons at some point, I think they would aesthetically fit the vostroyans really well.

A lot of my questions have been answered in this thread already.

Here’s one more: as some one who has never played Guard before, is the command squad worth getting?

I’m trying to figure out how many platoons and other units I need to grab.

I'd get the command squad anyways regardless of how useful they are. They look cool, these made to order runs are sporadic so we don't know the next time they'll be available, and if GW decides that in six months they need to be the best unit in the codex you won't be caught with your pants down wishing you'd bought them.

I almost caved and spent a pile of money on them that I shouldn't have but held strong. I have so much other stuff to work on (including a guard army based on some historical minis) that I would have no excuse to get them. Maybe just the command squad for a painting project that I'll probably never get to...

I'd get the command squad anyways regardless of how useful they are. They look cool, these made to order runs are sporadic so we don't know the next time they'll be available, and if GW decides that in six months they need to be the best unit in the codex you won't be caught with your pants down wishing you'd bought them.

I almost caved and spent a pile of money on them that I shouldn't have but held strong. I have so much other stuff to work on (including a guard army based on some historical minis) that I would have no excuse to get them. Maybe just the command squad for a painting project that I'll probably never get to...

There's another reason why you might want to buy it. If sales of vostroyans make a lot of money, GW might decide to reissue them with plastic models. I hope that this happens with all of the guard regiments.

Archived