Guard Conversions: Anyone try Mad Robot Miniatures?

Rommel44

Simple question mates. Am looking for possible Conversion ideas to possibly create my own Regiment of Imperial Guard and one site I came across recently was Mad Robot Miniatures. Has anyone attenpted to create their own IG Regiment utilizing any bits from Mad Robot (such as legs, torsos, etc), and if so how did it turn out

I ordered a bunch of Foreign Legion styled heads and a few accessory bits from them for my very slow-burn Guard project. 

They're good quality, and probably are the closest fit for GW's heroic scale, whereas say Victoria Miniatures is more FW-styled and generally a bit higher quality, but more expensive and less interchangeable with Cadians. 

I've only used a few bits and pieces from Mad Robot, but they've worked well.

The Rough Rider bits kitbashed with Anvil parts: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344243-a-guide-to-kitbashing-rough-riders-pics-links-prices/?do=findComment&comment=5005947

I also used some heads with Cadian bits:

platooncommanderonetitle.jpg

-Ran

Can you give me a list of all the bits you used for this Infantry model please? Looks great as I am planning a Winter Themed Army atm.

Those legs are not a bit I would base an army around. They are quite limited. I have used them on officers, as they help set them apart.

It would be madness. Third party greatcoat legs from the likes of Anvil Industries would be the way to go.

Rommel, if you're looking for winter Cadian hybrids check out Anvil's Trench Fighter range - I had a play with some ages ago and they fit well with Cadian bits:

UUtDgUO.jpg

-Ran

I've used them as well and rate them highly.

In fact, one of my "to do's" is to add some Steel Legion squads to my Armageddon themed Bleck Templars and MR's Steel Legion equivalents are the best out there.

Also waiting for plastic Sisters ;)

Archived