Astra Militarum Crusaders nerfed?

Diagramdude

Assuming I'm looking at the right numbers, crusaders do seem to have become a bit cheaper, but between the Acts of Faith changes, and no longer taking a slot if a ministorum priest of any variety (and there are now 3 and 2 special characters) is around, they aren't quite what they used to be. On the other hand, a fairly cheap unit with easy access to a 2++ still isn't bad by any means.

I think our crusaders still take up a slot. The beta codex just mentions using the act of faith rules.

Assuming I'm looking at the right numbers, crusaders do seem to have become a bit cheaper, but between the Acts of Faith changes, and no longer taking a slot if a ministorum priest of any variety (and there are now 3 and 2 special characters) is around, they aren't quite what they used to be. On the other hand, a fairly cheap unit with easy access to a 2++ still isn't bad by any means.

Also remember that as the acts of faith system (and the whole sisters codex) is simply a beta version, it doesn’t override any existing rules until it becomes official or you and your opponent both agree to use it.

For the time being (unless you’re at a tournament or organised event hat insists you use it) you can simply refuse to use it and use the existing one. It’s only a temporary fix and your opponent may take issue with that approach but from a rules standpoint you’re fine. It may be your only option as the new acts of faith is definitely underwhelming.

Archived