How many Vostroyans should I get?

Kriegsmacht

Hello

Always loved the look of the Vostroyans and I missed my chance getting them when they were being discontinued. I have a number of armored vehicles I've purchased over the years but never any infantry to go with them that I like. 

My question is would ordering the command squad and platoon be enough to field the bare minimum of infantry to go with vehicles? I don't have the codex so thought i'd ask here before clicking the buy button. lol

Thanks

Which detachment(s) are you planning on fielding?

If you just want to add some random Infantry, a Patrol detachment could be made from two Infantry squads and a Company Commander, all of which is contained in the Platoon Box.

-Ran

Sounds like a good start. Would I have to add more infantry if I wanted to add a command squad?

Command Squads are one per officer, so if you want a CP generating detachment I'd try to have enough for at least 3 Ten-Man infantry squads and two HQ. If you want a command squad you'll want either at least one Company Commander in an HQ slot or a Platoon Commander in an Elites slot, which can be done with a Patrol but is so easy to do for the +5CP I'd be hard pressed to recommend a Patrol over a Battalion.

As for the GW bundle, it looks like the Platoon is 25 models with the intent of giving options to vary two infantry squads. A Battalion would require a third squad. It's a bummer they don't at least go 30 models in the platoon set.

Archived