Can you do an all jump pack army with Blood Angels?

Trevak Dal

Theoretically, yes.

Because you'd have access to:

Dante

Astorath

Lemartes

3 Captains w/ Jump Pack

3 Librarians w/ Jump Pack

3 Lieutenants w/ Jump Pack

3 squads of 10 Assault Marines

3 Squads of 10 Vanguard Veterans

3 Squads of 15 Death Company

3 squads of 10 Sanguinary Guard

3 Squads of 6 Primaris Inceptors

I dunno if the Sanguinary Priests and normal Lieutenants can take Jump Packs, but if they can, hey look, there's three more Jump Pack dudes :laugh.:

In total, that would give you well over 100 models to play around with in detachments, because as I don't play Blood Angels, I probably missed a bunch

You'd have the same issue as Dark Angels playing Ravenwing, being you don't have anywhere near as much Command Points as your opponent, but you can indeed do it with the Fast Attack, Elite and Supreme Command Detachments

Yeah easily. It won't be a good army tho.

3x10 Assault Marines = 450p

3x10 Vanguard Veterans = 510p

3x10 Sanguinary Guard = 1050p

3x15 Deathcompany = 900p

All with Jump Packs and without any special weapons etc and then you still have characters left to add.

To answer your question, yes.

To expand further, we'd need the particulars of what you want to do, face, points, PL, Open/Narrative/Matched Play, etc. Using all of the rules currently available we have the following jump units at our disposal:

• Assault Squad
  • Astorath
  • Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Commander Dante
  • Company Ancient
  • Company Champion
  • Company Veterans
  • Death Company
  • Lemartes
  • Librarian
  • Lieutenants
  • Sanguinary Ancient
  • Sanguinary Guard
  • Sanguinary Novitiate
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Techmarine
  • The Sanguinor
  • Vanguard Veterans

... as well as other things with the FLY keyword such as Stormraven Gunships, etc, all of which are in the process of being discussed here.

Assuming your speaking tournaments due to mentioning rule of 3? You only need that for matched play. when the TO says you need to follow that guideline.

FTFY

The 3 units with the same dataslate is a guideline for tournament organizers, it is not generally part of the matched play rules.

I just want a jump pack army. Effectiveness isn't really an issue-though historically Loyalists tend to get and maintain better and more favorable rules, and get most of the other armies' special things for themselves in some way.

And yeah, most people use the Rule of Three in just normal games. If I didn't have to worry about the rule of three I'd make a raptor army for chaos marines backed by a couple of Heldrakes and a daemon prince or two, as I like the models a lot. But sadly I do.

Because we have "bring whatever you want, except not too many of each unit" which I wouldn't mind if the Force Org Chart was still pushed primarily instead of being sold a bill of goods where I can bring what I want.

I'm derailing this with my opinions on the disparity between match play and the game modes nobody plays.

The raptor army sounds awesome! I wish people would be a little more relaxed with the beta rules and the suggested tournament play rules when

not playing in a serious or competitive environment.

I've wanted to do an all jump pack army myself ever since 5th. I got a bit demoralized when assault marines stopped being troops though. I'm going to see what I can come up with based on my own models and report back.

I can only speak for my group but we completely ignore the rule of 3 and the beta rules we think are far from being finalized yet.

That being said, I'm probably the only one who uses more than 3 of a given non-Troop unit and only with my Pathfinder in my Stealth&Recon themed T'au army anyway.

Oh if I could use more than three units of crisis suits that would be nice. I run into leadership issues with bigger unit sizes.

Edit:

Yeah while vampires freak me out, I was willing to put that aside to play a all Jump Pack force, but then it went away so yeah.

30k had a lot of cool ideas.

I think this is the best I can do with my collection. Obviously not great but I think I could have some fun with it.

1996pts
(Imperium - Blood Angels)
HQ
-Captain
Selections: Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Thunder hammer

-Lemartes

-Lieutenant
Selections: Hand flamer, Jump Pack, Power fist

-Sanguinary Priest
Selections: Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, Power sword

-The Sanguinor

Elites
- 8 x Death Company: 6 with chainsword/pistol, 2 with PF/bolter
Selections: Jump Pack

- 8 x Death Company: 6 with chainsword/pistol, 1 with PF/bolter, 1 PS/pistol

-Sanguinary Ancient
Selections: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

- 7 x Sanguinary Guard: 1 with PF/bolter, 2 with axe/bolter, 2 with sword/bolter, 2 with sword/inferno t

- 5 x Vanguard Veteran Squad: 5 with dual plasma

- 10 x Vanguard Veteran Squad: 5 with dual chainswords, 5 with dual hand flamers 

- 10 x Vanguard Veteran Squad: 1 with PF/shield, 4 with sword/shield, 2 dual inferno, 3 with sword/inferno 

Fast Attack

-Assault Squad: Sgt with hand flamer, 2 with flamers 

-Assault Squad: Sgt with plasma pistol, 2 with plasma pistols 

Created with BattleScribe

- 10 x Vanguard Veteran Squad: 5 with dual chainswords, 5 with dual hand flamers 

Just did some quick math for Handflamer when they get buffed to 1d6 shots each ... now I really hope Primaris will get a Handflamer unit as well lol

5 models with double Handflamer = 35 hits on average. That's ~4 dead Marines or 9 dead Ork Boyz or ~9 dead Firewarrior/Skitarii or ~12 dead Guardsmen or ~14 dead Cultists. :D

Just did some quick math for Handflamer when they get buffed to 1d6 shots each ... now I really hope Primaris will get a Handflamer unit as well lol

5 models with double Handflamer = 35 hits on average. That's ~4 dead Marines or 9 dead Ork Boyz or ~9 dead Firewarrior/Skitarii or ~12 dead Guardsmen or ~14 dead Cultists. :D

I haven't finished painting the hand flamer and inferno pistol squads, but I am super excited to try them out (even with just the D3 shots for right now). I hope the hand flamers dont go up in cost too much after the change.

Archived