Black Blow Fly’s BA plog

BLACK BLΠFLY

Interesting! Are you planning some lightning/psychic power effects on the blade?

Looking how the sword takes shape I have to say I'm not convinced to the way it was designed. The cross-guard is on the brink of "too much manga" for my taste :P And the blood drop cut in the blade makes it look a little fragile for the terror it sows on the tabletop. And both the cross-guard and the cut take a lot out of the total lenght of the blade.

Looking how the sword takes shape I have to say I'm not convinced to the way it was designed. The cross-guard is on the brink of "too much manga" for my taste :P And the blood drop cut in the blade makes it look a little fragile for the terror it sows on the tabletop.

I agree, the cutout does make the sword look structurally weak. Black Orange can justify the cutout's presence by claiming it's meant to catch an opponent's blade; see the sword of Nameless (Jet Li's character, in the 2002 film Hero). Write a rule in which Mephiston's opponent suffers -1 Attack if the latter rolls a To Hit roll of 1 in Close Combat...

I think of the force sword as simply a psychic manifestation brought into existence through his will .

A good idea, though you'll have to put effort painting the entire sword- guard, grip, pommel, and all- in an unusual color, to reinforce the idea the weapon is a psychic projection, in your allies and opponents' minds. As I have little modeling experience (I'm more interested in novels and comics based on the game, than the game itself), I can't say whether or not it's worth the effort.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived