Alternative Militarum Tempestus?

Lady_Mournival

Hey All,

I'm thinking of getting a kill team of Stormtroopers, and maybe I've just been re-reading Redemption Corps by Rob Sanders, but I just want to give them a bit more uniqueness, add some females to the squad, something that works with the GW sculpts.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers, 

Lady

Someone in my club converted the Van Saar models from Necromunda with bits from the normal kit and it looked really good. A couple of the Van Saar models look like they could be female - if you wanted you could always greenstuff some hair or get some female heads to replace them. Also you could use some bits from somewhere such as Anvil Industries to make their headgear more varied if you wanted.

I'm converting Van Saar to scions just now, doing head swaps with beret heads. Got idea after watching this conversion video. https://youtu.be/2ZMmg-xK43A (Van Saar Eversor Scion Kill Team)

The Van Saar kit comes with 2 identical sprues, 10 bodies, 8 lasguns, 2 plasma guns, 4 plasma pistols, 4 LA's pistols. The above video has some nice ways of using bits in the Van Saar kit to vox casters and hot shot lasguns.

And the Van Saar kit has 2 female bodies and heads.

Thanks for all the replies everyone ^^ You've all given me a lot to think about. Now to STTAB and Black Guard, while I do like the idea of using the Van Saar I'm worried they might be a bit too high-tech, but certainly, if I ever need Inquisition stormtroopers they'd be perfect ^^

Archived