Primaris Knights of Blood?

Sun Reaver

What happened there might I ask ?

KoB insisted in running around the same area as Seth despite Seth's protest. However the entire time Seth was confronted by the dark mirror the KoB represented. So there was some internal dilemma there since he is now seeing what happens when his kin go all the way down the path that Seth is flirting with.

Long story short, when daemons started to invade, Seth saw that nobility still existed in the KoB, even if they were too far gone. If I remember, Seth tried to tell KoB that salvation can still be there but KoB decided to submit to their fate for the better good. 

When Dante mentioned the KoB fully embracing the curse, Seth was quick to correct Dante as he saw, first hand, the nobility still existing despite the curse. 

I imagine the dilemma still exists in Seth but he likely knows better where that razor's edge is. Just my opinion.

The KoB revealed what happens to Blood Angels if they lose themselves to the Red Thirst. Skin colour getting a red tone, eyes becoming yellow, fangs being longer. The whole KoB chapter was basically on the way of becoming one of the monsters hidden away in the Tower of Amareo together with the Deathcompany (that all got released as last resort during the event so there aren't any left anymore).

Sentor Jool revealed this last big secret of the KoB to Seth to show him that while embracing the Red Thirst as Sanguinius gift isn't wrong it's also not the solution to surpress the Black Rage and that he has to be careful with it.

What happened there might I ask ?

Also the extent of KoB fall due to the way the embraced the Red Thirst has been revealed. Yes, they managed to defy Khorne to the very end, yet they were unable to pull themselves back from the Thirst and changes that it caused in them.

EDIT: You were faster Panzer :) I tried not to reveal too much from the "Devastation of Baal"

The KoB revealed what happens to Blood Angels if they lose themselves to the Red Thirst. Skin colour getting a red tone, eyes becoming yellow, fangs being longer. The whole KoB chapter was basically on the way of becoming one of the monsters hidden away in the Tower of Amareo together with the Deathcompany (that all got released as last resort during the event so there aren't any left anymore).

Sentor Jool revealed this last big secret of the KoB to Seth to show him that while embracing the Red Thirst as Sanguinius gift isn't wrong it's also not the solution to surpress the Black Rage and that he has to be careful with it.

Hmmm..... Now that's interesting....

I mean just because he said it at the end of the book doesn’t mean he didn’t change his mind. Guilliman could have done it, or maybe in the 100+ years since since DoB they decided to go ahead and reforge them. I mean there are a lot of things said at the end of the novel that changed: Dante hasn’t terraformed Baal. Dante hasn’t stopped making normal marines. Dante hasn’t stopped wearing his mask.

I mean how many times have you said something after being incredibly tired and doing something strainuous and then ended up changing your mind? It happens all the time.

Heck, maybe Guilliman (or Seth) wrote him a letter saying, “hey, after thinking about it and reviewing the AAR, I would like to urge you to reconsider.”

I mean just because he said it at the end of the book doesn’t mean he didn’t change his mind. Guilliman could have done it, or maybe in the 100+ years since since DoB they decided to go ahead and reforge them. I mean there are a lot of things said at the end of the novel that changed: Dante hasn’t terraformed Baal. Dante hasn’t stopped making normal marines. Dante hasn’t stopped wearing his mask.

I mean how many times have you said something after being incredibly tired and doing something strainuous and then ended up changing your mind? It happens all the time.

Heck, maybe Guilliman (or Seth) wrote him a letter saying, “hey, after thinking about it and reviewing the AAR, I would like to urge you to reconsider.”

All true but at that point it's just going to be headcanon just like my workaround. Until GW tells or shows us something different in fluff that comes after Devastation of Baal we only have Dantes word that the KoB are history.

EDIT: You were faster Panzer :smile.: I tried not to reveal too much from the "Devastation of Baal"

I was conisidering that, but overall it's just a minor spoiler that's pretty unimportant for the story. It could have just as well not been in the book at all and nothing would've changed. If anything, the first time I've heard about those things being in there it made me want to read Devastation of Baal even more. :P

You know, I've always wanted to do a space marine chapter where one of the genetic flaws gave them red skin a la magnus. I always thought that would be a very interesting adventure. I may still do it one day. >)

The description of the KoB carried over to a not KoB chapter would be very cool.

Basically any Marine from the BA geneseed can look like that if he looked a bit too deep into the Red Thirst abyss. So you could even do such a unit for your Carmine Blades. Maybe as DC counts as or as VV even. ;)

You know, I've always wanted to do a space marine chapter where one of the genetic flaws gave them red skin a la magnus. I always thought that would be a very interesting adventure. I may still do it one day. >)

The description of the KoB carried over to a not KoB chapter would be very cool.

Do it with some black armor .

Basically any Marine from the BA geneseed can look like that if he looked a bit too deep into the Red Thirst abyss. So you could even do such a unit for your Carmine Blades. Maybe as DC counts as or as VV even. :wink:

That wouldn't be terrible. It just comes down to what color red I would do. Like would I go Pink Horror with Carrabough Crimson, or Mephiston Red with Carrabough Crimson and orange highlights, or would I go with something Rakkoth flesh with a Carrabough Crimson wash? Hmmm. I have several DC I need to paint. I wouldn't be opposed to a squad of DC that far gone.

I guess when big E made the deal with the chaos gods to create the Primarchs Sanguinius got a bit too much of the Khorne juice but luckily not enough to corrupt them all to the same extend as the World Eaters with their nails. ^^

I guess when big E made the deal with the chaos gods to create the Primarchs Sanguinius got a bit too much of the Khorne juice but luckily not enough to corrupt them all to the same extend as the World Eaters with their nails. ^^

And here I thought fear to tread explained all of this.

No clue. Never read it.

Archived