Engineseer taken as guard HQ?

Diagramdude

I heard but want to confirm that the Ad Mech codex has the tech priest engineseer as an HQ choice but the data sheet is identical to the Elite data sheet in the Guard codex including both ADEPTUS MECHANICUS and ASTRA MILITARUM. So using the HQ datasheet guard could take Engineseers as HQ slots in a battleforged list.

If true they are now 30pts on par w company commanders but with more utility for an armored force.

Well, I think you can use the tech-priest enginseer as a HQ, without losing any traits. I might be wrong, and the goal is to play the rules correct, so here are the relevant rules as I see it. Feel free to add to the discussion :-)

A: In matched play you have to build a battleforged army. Page 214 tells you about ARMY FRACTION, all units in your army have to share at least KEYWORD, such as Imperium. Even if they are in different detatchments

B: The "big FAQ" tells you units in a detatchment have to share two keywords

C: Codex : Astra Militarum states that AM detatchment are detatchments that include only Astra Militarum units. These detachments gain some bonuses (Doctrines, stratagems and so on). But on the same page there is short list of units that can be included in an AM detachement, without preventing that detachemt´s units getting doctrines.

D: Tech-priests are on the list :-)

E: Tech-priests from codex: Amdmech have imperium, admech and AM fraction keywords.

I then conclude that it is possible to use the datasheet from codex: AM and have the tech priest as a HQ unit in an AM detachment.

Feel free to comment or point out if I missed anything.

Edit: I was wrong. As posters above pointed out, the Tech-priest in codex: admech does NOT have the AM keyword.

If we did take an Engineenseer, where are the FORGEWORLD values located? In the AdMech codex?

Any good ones for interacting with Astra Militarum?

<FORGE WORLD> are the admech "chapters" so Mars, Stygies, Graia etc. They are as such found in the admech codex.

Graia has a sort of FnP to make their troops more durable but their stratagem is to deny a psychic power cast within 24" of a Graia infantry unit on a 4+ for 1CP. That could be nice I suppose. Admech in general also has the tech adept strat which allows an admech unit to repair again (even on the same vehicle) for 1CP and admech enginseers can repair IG vehicles. 

Other than that there aren't really any cross synergies to IG that I can think of right now, but an admech battalion is dumb cheap right now at 165 points (2 enginseers at 30ppm and 3 squads of 5 rangers at 7ppm)

If we did take an Engineenseer, where are the FORGEWORLD values located? In the AdMech codex?

Any good ones for interacting with Astra Militarum?

The Forgeworld doctrines are pretty useless for enginseers but some of the Admech relics and stratagems might boost healing on Guard vehicles, not sure.

Archived